Would you pay this much?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
It's probably on the high side but has a lot of things going for it.

Not out of the realm of possibility that he'll get that for it.

street

Hunter
The only way to get one better is to go back to 1967. Yes it's a lot of money but if you are a collector and have a lot of money, where are you going to find one better. If you can find a Silver Dollar that would grade as nice as this one you would be in 6 figures. Just saying!!!!!

hittman

Staff member
Heck I never even looked to see that there were bids already. Just "assumed" :oops: $1000.00 was his opening amount.

And fella's, it is 2019, not 1989 as far as prices go.

hittman

Staff member
Somebody I know recently bought a near mint OM 45 convertible with both cylinders. When I (oops.... HE :lol:) found a super nice box and owners manual to match it, that $100.00 for a cardboard box didn't seem like much at all!

Moey

Bearcat
Gunshow here in Az last month had one just like it for $600. Don't think he sold it as I was there late in the last day. Is that the box they had in 67?

contender

Ruger Guru
That is a very nice, correct package for that gun. It is missing the brown cardboard shipper,, but otherwise a nice one.
Collectors like such fine examples,, but a shooter would not even consider paying that much. There are plenty of shooters out there,,,, but not many ANIB guns that old.

I'm not a collector and almost never buy new guns. My experience is that they get both better and cheaper with age, unless you're a collector.

(Of course you MIGHT say the same thing about Ruger shooters....especially the CHEAPER part!).