.41 Mag Vaquero?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gak

Buckeye
dixie884 said:
I really think it is time for Ruger to build the .41Mag and 10mm on the NMFT and NV frame. Jason, are you there?

My thought exactly re the 10mm...but more. My long term plan, yet to be realized, is a "triple threat" .38-40/.40/10mm based on the NV. Cylinder treatment unique to each for quick 'n easy differentiation.
- The .38-40 "just because" for tradition/old timey sakes. Heavily chamfered cylinder.
- .40 S&W for cheap(er) range and plinking, desert trail use (Easy over counter snakeshot availability), no additional chamfer over stock.
- 10mm unfluted, for hunting, "bear country" trail/camp.

Edit: I would have this labeled simply .40 CAL., would cover it all.

A little reluctant to mess with my existing .357 NV as donor, however, as it's one of the relatively rare early ones with the "CCH" treatment, for those who might care, and as new unfired, so thinking of swapping that out for a 'who cares?' recent model.
Stay tuned!

So Ruger/Lipseys/Davidson's, you could make this a helluva lot easier by issuing at least one of the above cartridges, especially .38-40, so it's just a matter of having two extra cylinders made!

By the way, been awhile since I dabbled in these or heard discussion regarding, did Ruger end up ridding these (newer single actions) of the lock or are they still infested? All my other NVs, middle aged I guess you'd say, have the locks.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I think the locks are gone on later production. Please sign me up for a Flat top Blackhawk in either .41 or 10mm. It would be the ideal vehicle for the 41 Special or the 3 cylinder 10/40/38-40 set up. I'd also take a GP-100 in 41 magnum. Bob!! :D

smith1961

Blackhawk
dixie884 said:
Almost New Years, BUMP........ Mid-size 40s and .41s. We need em......

Again,
GP-100's in .44 special and 10mm.........
Wake up Ruger and make some new .41's!!! PLEASE!!! :shock:

bigbill

Single-Sixer
It took a while to find two RedHawks in 357 & 41 mag to go with my 44's. I found a nib vaquero in 45lc in stainless. I'd like to get a 357 and 41 mag too.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
gak said:
By the way, been awhile since I dabbled in these or heard discussion regarding, did Ruger end up ridding these (newer single actions) of the lock or are they still infested? All my other NVs, middle aged I guess you'd say, have the locks.

The locks were eliminated in 2012.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
The TLA version of the 41 Vaquero comes home from Alan Harton's later this week! He went through the internals and checked the hardness of the action parts.

Robb!!!!

PICS!!! as soon as it arrives PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Here is a 41 mag "Vaquero" TLA Style
uo61vNu.jpg

iHK3yGE.jpg

Here is his birdshead brother
hZPEQjJ.jpg

UjEppCr.jpg

Here is their flat top brother
60UW7NE.jpg

UHYiagT.jpg

And here is their USFA little brother
jxd7F27.jpg

SPvBJGH.jpg

smith1961

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
Here is a 41 mag "Vaquero" TLA Style

1. OMG Robb! Awesomeness! The fact that people like you and gunsmiths are making these things should be proof to somebody out there to do this. I'm tired of Lipsey's lack of listening.......Ruger, TALO, anybody else?

2. Memorial Day post bump!

Latest posts