The .357 Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey, I'll take one too! Stainless Bisley with the cut outs for a scope please.

I didn't count but how many so far, 15 or 20 after 2 years for this thread? :D I bet they would sell. The 357 mag is such a popular caliber. Probably 22 LR and 357 mag are the most sold.

Joe S.

Hunter
If they make em i hope they offer a 9mm cylinder so we can get it reamed for 36" DW or 356 GNR OR 357/44

Onty

Single-Sixer
Varminterror said:
As an owner of 3 Redhawks in .357mag, I'm not really a fan of the 8 shot, as I've found the .357mag Redhawk to be terribly large and heavy for what it is. If I weren't pushing more case capacity up the tail of them, I wouldn't have the ones I have. The 8 shot was a bad move, in my book.

I'd be VERY intrigued to see a mid-frame Ruger Hunter in .357mag.
A share your opinion about 357 Magnum in Redhawk. Same for 357 in NMBH, just too much steel and weight for such caliber. Midframe Flattop is the way to go.

I suppose if they DO bring out a .357mag Ruger Blackhawk Hunter, I'll buy one and ream it out to .357/44 also, that could be a good time!
Never had a chance to use 357/44, but from what I found there is case setback issue with this round. Apparently, problem is solved with 35/41; 356 GNR https://www.reedercustomguns.com/tc/cartridges.htm . Regarding statement that "This cartridge is a necked down 41 magnum and gives the 357 bullet as much energy as a 44 magnum.", is something hard to believe, unless pressure is on 454 level. Also, barrel erosion must be issue if used frequently, just MHO.

A 357 Bisley in 6.5 barrel that would look similar to what was released in 454 Casull would be the ultimate configuration, but I'd also buy a Bisley Hunter in 357. Lipsey's could continue the 6.5's theme they've already started. Similar to how other distributors have a config that is uniquely theirs.

Ruger-454-And-Ruger-480-Big-Bore-Revolvers.jpg

Latest posts