Buckeye Specials

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
Of course you should have refused it since the front sight was damaged. Who do they think the are letting QC slip like that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Interesting what one learns on this site. I have both buckeyes same serial number and I've never heard about matching holsters. What a set that would have been.

appreciate the thread from 'greenfrog' brings back memories, and 'froggie' hopefully gets some GOOD background info out of all of this...yes 'charlies' would have loved to have kept the matching holsters, and as I noted above not even sure any longer if those holsters were even marked 'Bianchi', as I recall they were 'prototypes' and may have been either Bianchi or another company called 'Cathay' or some such, and not even "stamped' on the back for production like the 'Practical ' holsters were...here is the marking on the flap for the Buckeyes Specials holsters

cIsksaum.jpg

:roll: :wink: 8)

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Dan,
You made me think about mine so I dug them out. One is marked and came in the bag, the other is unmarked and was picked up at a gun show last year. Never seen a black one in anything but a picture, :)
Note:- .44 Mag on label so this would not be the correct bag.

Terry

C7ptvDQh.jpg

PAmddsbh.jpg

Nt4gp7Ph.jpg

not to be TOO 'technical' my bet the bag is correct, think what was available back then in a "large" (44 frame), and with a 6 1/2 inch barrel from Ruger,,,,hhhmmmm
Like said above, their "Practical" holsters were the main thing, the Buckeye was an afterthought?? prototype""ergo the no markings, some in black leather, and so few of them......interesting all in all...thanks for the pictures...now we need to get a time machine and go back and see what was what and ask LOTS of questions :shock:

Hey 'froggie' are you taking notes ??? 8) :roll: :wink:

grobin

Blackhawk
I appreciate this thread and find it very interesting! Thanks for the information!

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
If Anyone Is Interested Jaqua's In Findlay, Ohio Has Two MINT Buckeye Specials In The Box With Extra Cyl.

Latest posts