Flatgate Box-Oh no I'm sad

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boomer

Single-Sixer
CZReverend said:
Hey everyone, recently had won a 1956 flatgate and would like to find a box for it. <snip>
Congrats and enjoy! Its been awhile since I've posted but I still own my late dad's 1955 vintage SS (serial < 11,000) purchased new but also without box. OTOH, I do have the original sales receipt and Ruger documents! I was a young boy then but remember that day on which he also bought a Buckheimer Clark Rebel 93 western-style holster plus Sambar stag grip set (not OEM) which have really nice bark. This gun hasn't been shot in decades but was never molested (um, make that "safety modified"). The only noticeable sign of age is slight discoloration on sides of the trigger from being stored in that leather holster with trigger guard loop likely having caused a chemical reaction during the early years. I think that could carefully be removed but its patina of time - much like the period 22lr cartridges from that era, still in the holster's belt loops...

My Father just passed away last week suddenly this thread reminded me I traded out my dad for his old Flatgate serial #445xx I can't remember the rest of the serial # been a few years since I looked at it not much bluing on it but no rust he always had it in a leather holster he made back when it was new. Been kind of saddened since his passing but this thread gave me the spark to go dig it out and look it over again. This old flatgate was the one I shot when I was 9 or 10 years old at ground squirrels home in Montana.
That flatgate started my desire to 'Get Me One Like Dads' !
Well several Rugers later I was addicted to Ruger's!
Thanks Dad!:)