"Vintage" 1911's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The Remington R1 is Ruger priced and has the traditional hammer and grip safety as well as vintage looking sights but higher so easier to see. A very GI look with the modern improvements like lowered ejection port for hollowpoints etc.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
dakota1911 said:
Colt's new MkIV Series 70 is not real cheap but a nice pistol. I bought a SS one in 2013 since they never made the originals in SS. And I did put some aftermarket grips from Nutmeg on mine. These new ones have better sights than the originals and of course no collet or finger barrel bushing.

not the cheapest but i like the original the best, i have a series 70 colt thats 38 years old i want a stainless one like yours and put some blued parts on it for a PINTO look

eveled

Hawkeye
protoolman said:
The Remington R1 is Ruger priced and has the traditional hammer and grip safety as well as vintage looking sights but higher so easier to see. A very GI look with the modern improvements like lowered ejection port for hollowpoints etc.

+1 on this. The R1. Is just right imho GI look with the upgrades everyone was doing to the surplus 1911's.

I also agree with what others have said about the overpriced worn out vintage 1911's out there. Just not worth it.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't know about now but a couple of weeks ago I was seeing deals on the Remington R1. There was also a $75 rebate from Remington if I recall correctly. Not sure about the dates for the rebate but between the rebate & the deals it was a lot less expensive than a SR 1911. I apologize for not remembering all the details but one could go to gun.deals or gunwatcher.com & find out pretty easily.

Edited to add: Here is a link to the rebate information if anyone is interested.

https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/rebate/file/2019SummerPromo_LongForm_Remington.pdf