Early P89 with single-sided deocker ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I just saw an early P89 with a "303" serial number prefix. It had a single-sided decocker with nothing on the opposite side. I noticed that the ejector inside it is shaped different than my P89 that has a "315" serial number. The only thing that kept me from getting it was the fact that I read that most recent Mec-Gar magazines will only run with guns with the serial number "304" and above. Anyone know anything about these particular P89's ?
I also forgot to say that I noticed that when I looked at the rear of the slide when I decocked it , the firing pin thingy was like a half moon shaped piece and the decoked only pressed in half of it . Very different than my P89 .

roylt

Hunter
The first 89s were build like the 85 model.

Early P90s were single side decock too.

Piece of history there. I have one in my P collection.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

tercel89

Single-Sixer
roylt said:
The first 89s were build like the 85 model.

Early P90s were single side decock too.

Piece of history there. I have one in my P collection.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

I wanted to get it but the serial number prefix was 303 which seems to be hard to find magazines to fit them. All the mags I see are made for serial number prefix 304 and above . Unless you know if some mags will fit them that I don't know about ? It was $299. And Tax in Tn sucks at $.0975 so that's like $328 plus a Tn background check fee of $10 so it would be $338 out the door.

roylt

Hunter
85 mags work. Ruger sells the older mags I think (haven't checked in awhile). Metgar typically work.

Try to talk them down. Pretty old gun.

Good luck,

Keep the P-Guns alive!!