Ruger Customer Service A+

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Ruger Customer Service in Prescott gets an A+ from me ...AGAIN. I bought some extra (after market) mags for my wife's Mk III only to find out that it's actually a MK II. Then, my quick mind realized that the MK III mags could be used in my brand new MK IV Lite IF I could obtain the correct magazine base plate (s). It appeared that the base plates were not a separate item (per the schematics) but I called and asked for help. I told the nice young lady of my stupid error and asked if she could help me. She said" 'hold on a minute and let me see if I can conjure-up something for you'. A few minutes late, she is back on the line and asked me if I could live with a coupla "used" base plates that she found for me. I said: 'of course I can.... let me get my credit card out'. She said, they're FREE and on the way to you as we speak.... They arrived and look brand new to me; and they fit and work as hoped for. God Bless that nice young lady..... RUGER, are you paying attention.... ??? MANY THANKS for hiring the motivated people in Prescott.

langenc

Single-Sixer
I +hit it lucky on a repair of a Mark II about 3 yrs ago.. Ended up no charge and free freight both ways.

Barrel had to be pinned as it wanted to loosen and the ejector was either replaced or repinned. Runs like a champ now.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Here's another one: This past week, I took the magazine of my Mk IV apart to clean it and, of course, lost the plastic plunger inside the mag. I gotta learn that I'm old and that fast moving stuff seems to vanish from sight even in a TINY workshop. Anyway, there is no specific schematic with a part designation in the Ruger 'operator' manual and the nice lady at Ruger couldn't find it as a separate part. So, after looking thru her conmputer for awhile, she told me that she was going to send me a whole new mag. and asked me to simply mail back the old 'broken' one (she even said she will mail me a return shipper for that purpose). You gotta love'em.......