Handled a 9mm LCR today ......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joezilla

Bearcat
and I LIKED it!! It had the exposed hammer so that makes it an LCR x right? It was an okay price NIB $397 + 3% for CC and 8.25% tax. I didn't get it as it was the first time I had handled one. But it felt great in my hand. I was at the Mesquite, TX gun show.

I'm thinking this is going to be my next gun purchase. It will take the place of my S&W 642 j frame. It will be a good pick up for me as it will also share ammo with my Shield 9mm and my Mod 2 SC 9mm.

Dang it! Now I am wishing I had gone ahead and gotten it.

Joe

TRanger

Blackhawk
I've seen multiple incidents of bullet jump with the 9mm LCR resulting in the guns getting tied up. My advice is stick with the .38.

s4s4u

Hunter
I have that gun in 38+P and really like it. I don't see any advantage of 9mm and the possibility of bullet pull leaves me hesitant of that. The hammer is well designed and I have no issue with it catching on anything when carrying in the pocket.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
TRanger:

What loads were you shooting that caused the crimp jump? I have had the 9mm LCR since they first came out and shot many different loads such as +P defense loads and even Buffalo Bore +P loads and have never experienced crimp jump with any of them. I carry mine for ccw about 80% of the time and a LC9s the rest of the time.

Latest posts