My 3" Clap .357 lost the front sight after 30 rounds ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TJ11

Single-Sixer
I bought a new Wiley Clap GP 100 a few months ago. I was impressed with it the first time shooting about twenty rounds of .38 special.

This last week I went to a local indoor and at 20 rounds of .38 special it was hitting way left. I changed to my .44 special GP100 and shot a box and then had a good look at the .357. The front sight was moving in it's slot. I could move the gold bead blade with my finger tip. Turning the pistol on it's side the blade fell out of the slot onto the table.

Is this common ? Is it time to send it to Ruger or just dimple the slot ?

Cheers

TJ11

Single-Sixer
I must have the contact info in the box it came in.

This is a nice pistol and handsome in the black finish and the platform is strong so to have the front blade just slide off. When I look closely in the cut for the blade I don't even see friction marks from the installation.

I have a real old single six that has a safety recall I should send back to try Ruger service for a test run.

TJ11

Single-Sixer
I called the service center explained the event and round count. I was given a case number and gave the information on the pistol and was told a new front sight would be sent.

Now we see if they send the correct gold bead blade or something else.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Yes, you oughta leave the old 3 screw Single Six in its original configuration. You can always buy a New Model with the transfer bar system.
Of course it is your gun to do with as you please.

TJ11

Single-Sixer
Surprise they sent the correct gold bead front blade.

Now I have to drift it in. So installing it on is right to left ?

TJ11

Single-Sixer
Well I contacted Ruger and they gave me a case number and sent me a new gold bead front sight that is larger at the base. It was vry tight going on but I centered it and will have some range time later this week.

Thanks for the advice .

Latest posts