New GP Match Champion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
So today I stumbled into a really reasonable deal on a LNIB (from 2015) GP100 357 Match Champion.

I've never had much interest in new guns or commemoratives / special edition / collectors, etc. And by the pics of the Match Champion, the grips are hideous.

Well ... :oops: ... the grips are much better looking in person and they are very comfortable! Not sure I'll shoot this gun much (or at all) but including the grips it's very well put together.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a MC myself. I too feel the grips are SWEET in my hands. Enough so,, that I have a pair of them on another GP I own.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I have the 10mm MC and love the Houge grip. I carried a revolver( 6" M66 or 6" nickel M19) on duty for 20 years before switching to an auto. I'd carry a MC in a heartbeat. My dream MC would be one in 41 Special. :mrgreen: Bob!!

A very serious professional shooter (of bad people and good paper) told me long ago to shut my eyes when evaluating handguns and let your hands and wrists tell you what THEY think. If THEY love it, then look at the sights! If your eyes love them, THEN look at the rest of the gun, which is pretty much incidental compared to those first two factors. Ergonomics before esthetics, especially when your life might be at stake.

Fortunately when Bill Ruger was on the right side of the grass, few Ruger handguns were not both naturally functional and attractive to the eye.

Mike Armstrong said:
Fortunately when Bill Ruger was on the right side of the grass, few Ruger handguns were not both naturally functional and attractive to the eye.

Yep. He definitely had an eye for style and a feel for function.

:mrgreen:

hittman

Staff member
Put 100 rounds of 38 Special through it today.

Wow.

Very nice.

Boomer

Single-Sixer
I bought a new GP100 MC in 2013, figuring I'd use as a jeep trail gun. So, bought a nice Bianchi UM84R miltary style flap holster in camo for OWB carry. Shot a few times with pleasure but not since. Seems a trend as I age - too many to shoot done too infrequently. Nonetheless, its a beauty. Instead, I usually pack my S&W M&P 45c pistol which is less pretty and relative disposable. Go figure... :?

Latest posts