$360 for Excellent Security Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Local shop has a blued 4" model. Ruger factory target grips. Bianchi 64 H holster. Gun looks almost new. 95% at least.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Because I just bought a gun and would have to sell a few I don't really shoot to buy it. I have a Service Six already but I am sorely tempted.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
I called him and he's holding it for me till Thursday. You're right. Never gonna lose money on it.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Its been said before. $455 in today's dollars is the adjusted sub- retail price of a 1985 NEW Security Six.

As-sated above, "it ain't the '80s anymore." :wink: Under $400 in said condition is a VERY god day.

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
I got it. $363 out the door. I'll clean it a bit and post pics this weekend. Looks very sharp. I figured it was the gunshop owners personal weapon and I was right. We had talked about the Six guns before and I knew he had a Security Six. He still keeps a Speed Six under the counter of his gunshop.

kbm6893 said:
I got it. $363 out the door. I'll clean it a bit and post pics this weekend. Looks very sharp. I figured it was the gunshop owners personal weapon and I was right. We had talked about the Six guns before and I knew he had a Security Six. He still keeps a Speed Six under the counter of his gunshop.
Good Job! You will enjoy shooting/carrying that baby.
gramps

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
This deal is almost too good. This a discontinued model and the factory may not be able to offer service. However they are stoutly built and never break! Just an awareness thing, keep area under the extractor star very clean and dry. Even unfired powder granules under the star can cause the gun to bind. Also, if you get adventurous and take the gun apart it might not go back together if there is the slightest speck of dirt. I found this out when I took mine apart and could not get back together. I called the factory and they put me through to a supervisor on the floor who talked talked to several other workers. Their immediate advice was to look for the smallest speck of dirt that I might have overlooked. Sure enough, I found the tiny particle and the parts were easy to assemble. These are beautifully made, sturdy handguns .

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
kbm6893 said:
:shock: Just had to go check Gunbroker (highest place in town :? ) and some go up to $900 and no bids. Plus shipping and receiving add another $70 or so. Yup, ya done good!!

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
That was a great deal @ $360.

I paid $195 for one 40 years ago. In today's dollars, that amount would be $723.

Bayou52

Latest posts