holster options for speed six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eyeseeum

Bearcat
hey guys, picking up a stainless 4 inch speed six and looking for a leather holster. i know and own a simply rugged for my sp101 but looking for other suggestions. thank you

hittman

Staff member
I'm a Simply Rugged guy too. You have hundreds of options since this gun fits the K frame Smith holsters.

I've had Bianchi, Safety Speed and others for mine.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I have Simply Rugged holsters for all my 4" six series revolvers, but I agree with Bear Paw Jack. I also have a couple Bianchi 5 BHL holsters for them and they are a good holster too.

eyeseeum

Bearcat
thanks for the input guys. didn't realize any K frame would work. thought they may be too loose

VinnieBoomBah

Bearcat
Not only do K frame holsters work perfectly, but you can usually find used K frame holsters for a fraction of what you would pay for an identical holster marked for a Ruger "Six"

Less and less do I profess my favorites, as when I do somebody says I'm all wet because their favorite is somehow superior. Good for them. And that's why we have choices.

But in this case I'll break my rule, and I will absolutely endorse the Bianchi 5B series of holsters for the Security Six. They are simple, well made, high riding and with the correct belt, hug your body very tight.

I've got many, maybe even dozens of holster choices, and this model of Bianchi remains my favorite for Security/Speed Six revolvers.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Another option is the Safariland Model 29. It is the same style as the Bianchi, but has a sight track sown into the welt. Lots of K frame Safariland holsters on ebay.

Latest posts