RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:54 pm 
Single-Sixer

Have standard Stainless Police Service Six 4" barrel in 95% condition with no box or papers. Does this have any collector value?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:45 am 
Blackhawk

Not really. +/-$400 retail in my area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:12 am 
Buckeye

Local shop has a blued one in nice cond. for $465 out the door .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:32 am 
Hunter

Yours doesn't really have any collector value but depending on where you live I would say it would fetch mid 300's to low 400's.

The value of a Six series gun really depends on where in the US you are located. In places that they may be more common/easily found the value of a used Six with no box or papers may only be mid 200's to mid 300's and for a stainless model mid to upper 300's. In places where they may be harder to find/purchase a blued model may go high 300's to mid 400's and stainless mid 400's to low 500's. That would be for the standard models that are in good condition. Models that are scarcer, like the 9mm, PD marked or military contract guns will be higher especially if they are in pristine condition.

A collector will pay premium money for a Six series gun that in NIB/LNIB with all the paperwork and the shipping box, or for a really scarce/rare model even if it isn't in as good of condition.

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:36 am 
Hunter

57springer wrote:

Don't know where you are but I would suspect that it will be sitting for a while, that's about $75-$100 too high (if in great condition $50-$75 too high).

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:52 am 

Blackmore wrote:

^ This ^ In my area too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:24 pm 
Hawkeye

hittman wrote:
Blackmore wrote:

^ This ^ In my area too.

These guy are right. Saw one on Gunbroker recently at a starting price of $425, or in that neighborhood, and didn't get an opening bid. Nice clean gun.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:28 pm 
Hawkeye

Here's the deal. Great duty gun 30+ years ago, but with fixed sights, not very popular now, 'ceptins for folks like me, that if I found another low-back in pristine condition, I'd buy it just to put it in the safe, forever. 8)

Still, for the right price, ($300-$350), it could be a great pickup gun or nightstand gun, because in spite of being low-tech by todays standards, they remain excellent shooters.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:27 pm 
Hawkeye

Well said Wayno. I feel the same way.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:51 pm 
Single-Sixer

I agree with what has been said . The service six and security six are still great guns for present day use. They are just darn good guns to run. I don't ever think revolvers will go by the wayside.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am 
Hunter

I paid something like $350.00 for mine almost 10 years ago and don't regret it, love those Sixes!

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:40 am 
Blackhawk

RoninPA wrote:
57springer wrote:

Don't know where you are but I would suspect that it will be sitting for a while, that's about $75-$100 too high (if in great condition $50-$75 too high).

This.