Does anybody use the Ruger branded Mitch Rosen holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshot

Single-Sixer
Does anybody use the Mitch Rosen owb holster from shopruger? It looks like a quality holster for $75. I have been thinking about getting one for my SR1911 CMD. I have also been considering the Galco combat master. Just wondering what your opinions were. Or is there something else you think I should consider.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I use the Bianchi Serpent. It has a fastener over the cocked hammer. That is my own preference. The Mitch Rosen looks fine if one wants a quicker draw holster. I know from experience that any holster Ruger sells for its firearms will fit them.

Phalanx429

Bearcat
Buckshot...
For leather - Milt Sparks Inside Waistband - Summer Special II; Glaco Concealable.

For kydex - Veeder LiteTuck Inside Waistband...the BEST option for me.

Best of luck. Like most of us...I have a box or two FULL of previous contenders! hahahaha

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
No sweat guard or mouth reinforcement on it. Ditto the Galco, and others. I considered the Rosen last year, but went with the Diamond D for the same price. https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/products/pancake-holster

This one in black is what I have.

ETA: The "sweat" guard also prevents the pistol from hanging up on a T shirt or your skin on the draw, and the mouth reinforcement keeps the holster open for re-holstering. Desirable design features imho.

Pancake_Nat._Oil_Profile_grande.jpg

buckshot

Single-Sixer
I too like Milt Sparks and Vedder holsters, but for this pistol I'm looking for a leather pancake OWB holster.

Thanks for the tip on the Diamond D holster. I really like the looks of it.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
buckshot said:
I too like Milt Sparks and Vedder holsters, but for this pistol I'm looking for a leather pancake OWB holster.

Thanks for the tip on the Diamond D holster. I really like the looks of it.

You'll like the way it wears on your belt and fits your gun even more. :) I also have one of their IWB holsters for the same pistol.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I use Simply Rugged holsters almost exclusively for my holster needs. Veteran owned and operated. Made in USA (Prescott, AZ), with Herman Oak leather from beef raised in the USA (between the Mississippi and Missouri rivers). I've had some of their holsters for almost 20 years and they still fit and function as good as they did when I first got them...they may look a bit worse for the wear though ;-P

BB45C

Mike J

Hunter
I posted about it when I bought my SR 1911 & a forum member that is no longer active here gave me a Galco Fletch holster for it. I have no idea how it would stack up against some of the others suggested but it has a sweat shield & a thumb break & has
always worked well for me.