lc9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I notice the lc9s is still listed on Ruger web page but I have not seen any for sale in awhile. I'm wondering if they have moved on from this platform since seem to be the only one I can fine is the EC9. I'm still carrying my older LC9 but I have never been a fan of the magazine disconnect. I have been waiting to see if they would come out with an LC9S without that feature but still have the manual safety, which is the only thing that kept me from getting the pro when it was available. Do anyone have an ideal as to the future of the LC9S? thanks you

Shutterbug

Bearcat
johnnylaw53 said:
I notice the lc9s is still listed on Ruger web page but I have not seen any for sale in awhile. I'm wondering if they have moved on from this platform since seem to be the only one I can fine is the EC9. I'm still carrying my older LC9 but I have never been a fan of the magazine disconnect. I have been waiting to see if they would come out with an LC9S without that feature but still have the manual safety, which is the only thing that kept me from getting the pro when it was available. Do anyone have an ideal as to the future of the LC9S? thanks you

I'm sure the LC9s is a dead duck. It has been replaced with the EC9 for a lower price point. It seems Ruger is targeting a lower price crowd these days. Their Security-9 has been a huge seller for Ruger and I would assume that the compact version will sell even better. Cheers!

vba

Bearcat
I think Ruger is using up all remaining materials (parts, frames, slides) in the EC9s. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new redesigned replacement for the LC9s in the near future.

Cholo

Staff member
I'd also say the LC9s is pretty much gone. Even on Ruger's website for the LC9s they show a Pro model with no thumb safety. You can't even click on the base model, only the Talo's.

www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I contacted ruger concerning the trouble I'm having with my LC9 trigger and was told to take it to a gunsmith. I didn't expect that kind of treatment. I then email ruger and asked about the LC9S and it there was any plans to bring it back, as I want to replace my LC9 as I can't carry it with the problems I'm having. I got a return email telling me to contact their customer service about my LC9 and that they couldn't release any information on any upcoming models. I went ahead and send another email and told them i had called them and was told to contact a gunsmith. After about an hour i got a call from one of their reps. He advised me that they had two lines one for the LC9S and one for the EC9S but the demand was so great for the EC9S they closed down the one for the LC9S retooled and now just making EC9S until they get caught up. He also stated that once they caught up they would began making LC9S again and to keep an eye on the web site. Which make me think way would they announce that? Just began making them again. I'm thinking they might be working on another generation of the LC9S who knows. I will wait a little while for now I"m carrying myl Taurus G2C at times I normally carried the LC9. It just don't carry as well. He never did address my problem with my trigger oh well.

hittman

Staff member
johnnylaw53 said:
I want to replace my LC9 as I can't carry it with the problems I'm having.

I did too and replaced mine with a Glock 43. Excellent choice for me. Shoots, points and carries well. Probably 1000 rounds through it now with 100% reliability.

exavid

Hunter
I have the LC9S pro. It's been my main carry pistol since it came out and I replaced my LC9 with it. Fine little pistol, shoots well, isn't picky on what you feed it, and this version even has a decent trigger.

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
exavid said:
I have the LC9S pro. It's been my main carry pistol since it came out and I replaced my LC9 with it. Fine little pistol, shoots well, isn't picky on what you feed it, and this version even has a decent trigger.[/qu

I think the pro is a good choice should of got one when they were making them but at the time my LC9 was doing good but now ruger no longer offer the Pro

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
well I went to Academy yesterday to look at the Sig P365 since i can't seem to get my LC9 to work properly and notice they had the EC9S on sale for $199.00 went ahead and picked one up since I really didn't want to start spending money on new holsters and extra magazines, and what i got will work with the EC9S. Now just waiting for monday to shoot it. Almost tempted to go sooner but monday i half price day for vets and I'm just a cheap kinda of guy.

obviously... and I'm not picking on you... been there too... on the cheap part.... I need to post in the lounge on my latest financial dilemma..... whether to buy a new pair of work boots or a new pistol..... your EC9S cost a good bit Less than the boots I'm looking at having to buy. Then again, the reality is I don't need anymore pistols and I really need a new pair of boots....

boy, talk about getting off the subject.......

Good pair of Redwings, the ones still made in America are around $300 now.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Id say they sre working on a double stack LC9S , a lesser priced option to the
Sig P365

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
johnnylaw53 said:
I notice the lc9s is still listed on Ruger web page but I have not seen any for sale in a while. I'm wondering if they have moved on from this platform since seem to be the only one I can find is the EC9. I'm still carrying my older LC9 but I have never been a fan of the magazine disconnect. I have been waiting to see if they would come out with an LC9S without that feature but still have the manual safety, which is the only thing that kept me from getting the pro when it was available. Does anyone have an idea as to the future of the LC9S? thank you

The LC9S Pro does have a safety. It's called your trigger finger and your brain. Exercising proper trigger control with the LC9S Pro is my manual safety. :). The LC9S Pro is my EDC gun. I'm looking at a Walter's PPQ as a carry gun as Walthers has a smaller version of the PPQ that I'd like to have for my EDC gun. It's a double stack with more ammo. And it's easier to take down and clean that the LC9S Pro. Also the Walther's PPQ has a much better trigger IMHO.

dogtag69

Bearcat
All I want is a Lc9s trigger on a hand gun with a 4 in barrel at least 10 or 11 rounds capacity and make it no more than 20oz,I tried the sig 365 trigger was not to good and I had problems so it went down the road

exavid

Hunter
I really like my EC9S. A great little pistol at a very good price. Mine has a good trigger, very compact and shoots as well as my LC9s pro. Other than the safeties if those bother you. I prefer not to have a safety on my carry guns but the EC9S has a thumb safety that's plenty stiff so there's no chance of accidentally putting it on safe in operation. I haven't gotten into it but usually the magazine safety can be disabled in most pistols. One other advantage of the EC9S besides it's price is that it's still being sold by Ruger.

dogtag69

Bearcat
Buckeye! said:
Id say they sre working on a double stack LC9S , a lesser priced option to the
Sig P365
I surer hope you are right and I hope it has a 4in barrel

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
Interesting as I have the LC9S Pro version of this pistol and have not noticed that problem in my gun. I just stopped carrying my Ruger LC9S Pro and switched to a Walther PPQ SC now. I'll check the guide rod on the Ruger to see if it's bent or crooked or straight. The new Walther PPQ SC is bigger and has a double stack mag that I'm using. The Ruger fit my 5.11 holster shirt pocket a lot better than the larger Walter PPQ SC. I have a Walter PPQ M2 4" 9 mm that would be too big and heavy for the 5.11 holster shirt pocket. I carry the Walter PPQ M2 4" 9mm in an OWB Stealthgear holster on a 5.11 or Aliengear heavy-duty belt. Then I wear a 3XL fishing shirt as a cover garment. I wear the fishing shirt unbuttoned and untucked and love the two big pockets in the front of the shirt for carrying my eyeglasses and other things.

johnnylaw53 said: