GP100 Replacement Front Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drt213

Single-Sixer
I recently got a TALO GP100 44 special that has the gold bead front sight. That sight doesn't work very well with my old eyes, so I'm looking for a fiber optic replacement. This model doesn't have the easy push button sight. Anyone know what will work for me?

rangerbob

Buckeye
I installed a fiber optic Dawson Precision front sight on my 5" GP-100 44 Special. The Rugers are cut for Novak style front sight and mine needed a much higher front sight to zero properly. Check them out at Dawson Precision. Bob! 8)

drt213

Single-Sixer
Another member suggested checking with Ruger about their GP100 fiber optic dovetail sight. Customer service says it will work on mine, the FO sight is the same height as my brass bead so that's what I will do.

Thanks for all input.

CraigC

Hawkeye
It's not only a Novak style dovetail but the front sight is made by Novak. They have replacements with fiber optic inserts if that's what you want. I have one I'd send you if I knew where it was.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
I bought one that someone had let go when firing because the front sight was damaged, went to the contact us at the Ruger website, explained the damaged sight and asked to buy a replacement (which is the fiber optic one), they sent me one free of charge.

drt213

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
They told me the exact opposite when I contacted them. Bob!!

Bob, member Nika suggested contacting Ruger. Customer service didn't know the height of the sight. Nik has a GP100 44 that has that fiber optic and was kind enough to measure his and it's the same height as my TALO brass bead.

drt213

Single-Sixer
CraigC said:
It's not only a Novak style dovetail but the front sight is made by Novak. They have replacements with fiber optic inserts if that's what you want. I have one I'd send you if I knew where it was.

Craig, I would take you up on your offer if you happen to find yours.

drt213

Single-Sixer
Thumbcocker said:
If you find a replacement and want to part with the gold bead I would be interested.

Thumbcocker,

My son will get mine, but you can get one from Novak. As I understand it, they provide them to Ruger...check this link: http://www.novaksights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1100669&CAT=9509