EC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Found a place that was selling them for $229. I just couldn't pass it up for that price. Picked one up. Haven't shot it yet. Plan on doing so tomorrow. Seems to have pretty good reviews. Takedown is a bit weird, but seems like a decent gun for the money. Just wanted something to throw in my pocket with a bit more umph than my NAA mini revolver.

hittman

Staff member
Be interesting to see if the trigger pinches your finger or if maybe that's worked out now.

gunman42782

Hunter
hittman said:
Be interesting to see if the trigger pinches your finger or if maybe that's worked out now.
Well, I shot it today, it didn't pinch my finger at all. The thing shot surprisingly good, once I got used to the trigger.

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I wondering about the EC9 I have a LC9 for my carry weapon but I feel ruger is getting ready to bring something else out that will be ment to replace the LC9S line. I say this because all you can fine now is the EC9 around my neck of the woods, and in the paper today I seen that Academy have them on sale for $199.00. So I"m thinking even if they replace the line with something else it hard to not pick one up.

s4s4u

Hunter
Handled both the L and the E before I bought. The sights on the L were worth the little more money to me.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I bought a EC9s back around Christmas. Rural King had them on sale for $209. I have carried a Colt Agent .38 special for over 10 years. I am very impressed with my little Ruger. It is accurate, reliable and carries as well as my Agent. It also feeds Speer-CCI 9mm shot cartridges.

Tommyhof

Bearcat
Picked up one today for $229, but I bought it from where I shoot, my range dues were do $125 for the year, if you buy a gun you can renew for $85, so in my math I payed $189. Justified math

exavid

Hunter
I have an LC9s pro and an EC9. Both work without fail, shoot accurately for their size and are comfortable for carrying. I prefer carrying the LC9s pro for it's lack of safties. No manual safety, no magazine safety. The pro has somewhat better sights but both are adequate for a close up weapon. A bargain.

blammer

Single-Sixer
I have had an LC9 and EC9 for a while. Like them both for pocket carry, though the EC9 striker fire feels better. Experience like those mentioned above.

I've had 2 issues with older (2 years) LC9:

1. LC9 using the magazine pinky extension plate: recoil would stop next round from feeding. I hear that Ruger has a fix, but I just use the non-extension mags and it works fine: just have to tuck my pinky underneath.
2. LC9 using cheap ammo (I believe Herters was one that got me). Small bits of brass shaved off when firing eventually clogged the firing pin hole enough to cause misfires. Cleaned the FP hole and no problems since using higher-grade ammo (winchester, fiocchi and my reloads). If I recall, someone reported that Ruger had said that the cheap ammo would cause the problems. I read others saying they slightly chamfered the FP hole and that solved it.

The EC9's all-black sights were not great because they were pretty useless against dark targets. So I put some white model paint on them and they contrast just fine.

Ron IL

Bearcat
Picked mine up yesterday and put 50 rounds through it. Went back today and another 30. Ran some self defense stuff today too. I like it a lot. I busted some clay birds on the 25 yard berm. I shot some pretty hot loads that were not nice to shoot in my Glock 43. Very comfortable. I really like it. Love the trigger and shoots very accurate. To field strip I just dropped down the little trapdoor and tilted it on the left side down and pressed the slide back. The pin falls out without even pushing it. That will be good until the little trap door breaks or I don't get it closed all the way.

I have the LC9s Pro and carry it when I need something smaller than the SR9c. Never a problem with it, shoots everything I feed it, and I don't see a reason to change it. I got the wife an EC9 to give her something with a little more umph to carry (had to Cerakote it birds egg blue for her - but she carries it so I guess that's a plus).