Security 9 at Front Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just got back from attending a 4-day class at the Front Sight Training Academy. I took a pair of Security 9's to the class. I switched guns each day. During the four days, I did not clean or lube my guns. I fired 700 rounds total, split fairly evenly between each gun.

I had zero problems of any kind with either gun. I am very pleased with my choice. Out of a class of 35, there was only one other with a Ruger, it being a SR9. Mostly Glocks and Springfield XD's.

I also used a Muddy River holster and it has proven to be a very good holster. I can highly recommend the Security 9 and the Muddy River holster.

700 was a lot... the most I've ever done was 650....

You know you are supposed to shoot the guy with the cellphone..... just to see what the instructor does.

And yes.... folks seem to love their Glocks.... The first time I went I used a Ruger P95, after that I switched to Sigs.... which are also scarce out there for some reason. My roomy when I'm out there always shoots a 1911... lots of mag changes for him. Another guy in our group always shoots a revolver.

Midway sells a pair of safety glasses that fit over existing glasses... this is what I use....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/133358/hyskore-over-the-glasses-shooting-safety-glasses-set-of-2-1-clear-and-mirror-anti-fog-lens-polymer-black

Also, usually the store at Front Sight has some plastic side clipons for folks that wear glasses.

Mike J

Hunter
Glad everything worked. My experience with Rugers is that they usually do. It sounds like you had a good time.

greyrush

Bearcat
Rumrunner said:
I can highly recommend the Security 9 and the Muddy River holster.

I've had a Security 9 for a year or so now and I also find it a good handgun. Fits good in the hand, I've never had any troubles with it, eats any ammo I feed it, and feels like it was made with Ruger quality.

I also just received a Muddy River holster (saw their name mentioned elsewhere) I'm going to try with the Security 9. Wore it yesterday ... no complaints.

x9BLbAr.jpg

Nice looking rig. I hadn't heard of Muddy holsters prior to getting mine. Took a chance and I'm glad I did. I have a light/laser combo on one of my Security 9's now. It stays home and I carry it's mate.