Question--Ruger MkIII Standard pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MIR

Bearcat
Are all the Mk.III Standard pistol with tapered barrel drill and taped on the reciever for scope mounts..? It appears every one I have looked at are......... secondly..I noticed some have blued triggers and some are left in the white...... were there two production models or what???

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
MIR said:
Are all the Mk.III Standard pistol with tapered barrel drill and taped on the reciever for scope mounts..? It appears every one I have looked at are......... secondly..I noticed some have blued triggers and some are left in the white...... were there two production models or what???

From what I understand, yes, all the Ruger Mark III pistols are D/T from the factory, and I believe an optics base was included with the pistols. Strange enough, the Ruger Mark IV pistols are drilled and tapped, but no optics base is included.

As far as I know, if the frame is black or blue it has a silver trigger. If it has a stainless frame the trigger is black. Not sure if that applies to all the 22/45s. Have you seen a blue "standard" with a black trigger from the factory?

Ruger made many models of the MKIII.

MIR

Bearcat
I have been looking for a standard tapered 6" barrel model, I already have a 4" model that has a trigger that is left in the white.....I bought my 4" model about 5 years ago....when I started looking for a 6" model just recently I am seeing them only (so far) with a blue finished trigger. I also ran across a few 4" models with both blue and triggers in the white..........