#1 in .348 Winchester?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Single-Sixer
Hornady is coming out with new manufactured .348 ammunition. That means .348 proof loads have been made(well, more than likely). Given that Hornady and Ruger have worked together before could this be an opening to the vaunted .348 No.1? Maybe???

crash87

Bearcat
OK I have to chime in hear as far as the wish list goes.........Please, PLEASE...... Make it blued and WALNUT!!
Crash 87 (owner of 2 Browning 71's, rifle and carbine, bullet molds and a whole bunch of brass)

trapperon

Blackhawk
crash87--glad to see another 348 fan! And I agree--Blued/Walnut 1S 23 inch barrel. I think I would ride the storm out with that one--and even send in payment up front to reserve one!

Ron

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I opine the No. 1 is not the right rifle for a woods-stompin hunting rifle, as the 348W would likely be used for... If a $1500+ safe queen is the objective, not larger sales, then fine. It IS a fine consideration for a No. 3 re-issue! :shock: **crickets at Ruger** :cry:

Uberti made a top-quality 1885 in 348W, so they're out there in practical trim, so they are out there in hunting single shots. Ruger is at best, late to the party. No surprise.

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:
I opine the No. 1 is not the right rifle for a woods-stompin hunting rifle, as the 348W would likely be used for... If a $1500+ safe queen is the objective, not larger sales, then fine. It IS a fine consideration for a No. 3 re-issue! :shock: **crickets at Ruger** :cry:

Uberti made a top-quality 1885 in 348W, so they're out there in practical trim, so they are out there in hunting single shots. Ruger is at best, late to the party. No surprise.

I respectfully disagree, I think a .348 No.1 is the perfect woods stompin' rifle, and there would be no qualms whatsoever about using it (yes, they cost more than the average gun) on my part. $1500+ hardly qualifies it as a safe queen. YMMV