LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
This gun has been in my safe for a while I took it out to try one more time the trigger hurts my finger so I quit shooting it I shot one mag and my finger was stinging the trigger is curved up so much that the end of it with the Glock type safety sticks in my finger I can change where I put the pad of my finger and it helps a lot but then when I forget to adjust my finger pad the thing siick my finger again does anyone else have this problem my trigger just look like it is curved up to much or my finger is to big for this gun

StanD

Bearcat
Bearcat
I have actually gotten a blood blister on my trigger finger from shooting my EC9s. Had to send it in to Ruger on another issue, which they resolved, and I included a note about the brutality of the trigger but received no comment from Ruger when the pistol was returned. I own 9 Ruger hand gun and this is the only one I have had an issue with.
Stan

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
I've not had the problem with my LC9s.

On another note, and not meaning to sidetrack your post, I'd pay good money for a trigger shoe that would fit my Beretta Tomcat (.32 ACP). That trigger is so narrow it hurts no matter how I place my arthritic finger.

s4s4u

Hunter
I'd read a few posts about this issue so went to the range with my daughter and rented an LC9s before I bought. We ran over a hundred rounds through their's and neither of us had this problem so I bought one. Got a great deal on a G-Bro auction, $215 shipped. Hope it doesn't make me regret the purchase, have yet to have a chance to shoot the new one.

woodsy

Blackhawk
I have one of my own, and I must conclude that people are either (or both) using the wrong trigger finger contact, or have 'way too-sensitive fingers. Never a problem for me, even when I approach 150 rounds.

StanD

Bearcat
Woodsy
I think you're right about having sensitive fingers. My hands have gotten very soft since I retired many years ago. And just because I've been shooting for the last 70 years doesn't mean I do things right. I have small hands and what I have discovered is the bottom edge of my trigger finger gets pinched between the trigger guard and the bottom of the trigger during recoil. I filed the bottom of the trigger as much as I could without dismantling the gun and that has helped some. I have over 600 rounds through this thing but it's not my favorite by any means. I'm sure open to suggestions on how to remedy this. By the way, this is an EC9s, perhaps it is a bit different than an LC9s?
Stan

exavid

Hunter
I carried a LC9 for a couple years until I recently replaced it with a LC9s. What a difference! The striker trigger is so much better than the original version. I haven't noticed any handling problems with mine. In fact it was so much better than the original I replaced my LCP with an LCPII. Much better than the original triggered version, one can actually hit a target with it.

My LC9s with a Crimson Trace laser has been my everyday carry for several years now. I had planned on buying a S&W Shield but after handling the LC9s I was so positively impressed with the trigger that I bought it and have never looked back. I have never found it the least bit uncomfortable. After getting the LC9s I ended up getting rid of my LCP. My accuracy with the LC9s was far better than the LCP, and I much prefer the 9mm round to the 380acp. In a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster I think it is about as close to a perfect gun for concealed carry as I can imagine. FWIW, I considered carrying a Glock 26 for the higher round count, but the thickness of that gun made it far from ideal for pocket carry.

exavid

Hunter
StanD said:
Woodsy
By the way, this is an EC9s, perhaps it is a bit different than an LC9s?
Stan

To answer the question. Not much. The main difference between my LC9s pro and the EC9s is that the EC9s has smaller sights integral to the slide. My LC9s pro has no safeties, slide or magazine while the EC9s has both. I prefer the LC9s Pro to my EC9s mainly because I don't have to release a safety or have the gun stop if the magazine should drop out. The EC9s is still a gun I like but in normal use or carry I don't use the slide safety.

If one doesn't feel comfortable with a firearm that doesn't have a safety, by all means go for one with that feature. The EC9s has a very nice price for a small 9mm around here they are less than $250.

Check out this article in the Rifleman:
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/6/5/shooting-the-ruger-ec9s-pistol/

exavid

Hunter
vito said:
...After getting the LC9s I ended up getting rid of my LCP. My accuracy with the LC9s was far better than the LCP, and I much prefer the 9mm round to the 380acp...

I replaced my LCP with the LCP2 which has a MUCH better trigger. There are times when I want a pistol that is really easy to conceal, especially in summer when wearing shorts and a T shirt. The .380 isn't the greatest cartridge but with the improvement in the LCP's trigger I find that while it isn't a target pistol it is a lot easier to shoot reasonably well for it's purpose.

Depending on a person's situation especially an armed guard or LEO the LCP2 might serve well as a BUG.

Tom W

Blackhawk
My LC9s Pro is one of the pistols that I don't believe I'll be trading. I love the trigger.
My buddy had a LC9s ( he may still have it) and he just hates the trigger. He wanted to trade for mine, but I said no.

s4s4u

Hunter
Tom W said:
My LC9s Pro is one of the pistols that I don't believe I'll be trading. I love the trigger.
My buddy had a LC9s ( he may still have it) and he just hates the trigger. He wanted to trade for mine, but I said no.

Are they not the same, but for the thumb safety?

exavid

Hunter
The LC9s has white dotted, dovetailed sights big enough to use quickly, the EC9 has sights machined into the slide and are all black. Much easier to aim with the LC9. The finish is a little bit nicer with the LC9 but not much different in appearance. There's enough of a price difference that if those slight differences don't mean much the EC9 is the better buy. I probably wouldn't have both except I got a good chance to trade an old Mossberg 12ga. that I didn't use for a brand new in-the-box EC9. I'll be using the EC9 for my 'truck' gun and carrying the LC9.

Tom W

Blackhawk
s4s4u said:
Tom W said:

The trigger pull is much harder on the LC9s, and is has a disconnect, so it cannot be fired without the magazine in place.
His buddy calls it "His thousand dollar Ruger" due to all of the stuff he's had done to it....

exavid

Hunter
The LC9s pro has no magazine safety so it does fire without the magazine inserted. Mine has a better trigger than my previous one.

exavid

Hunter
The LC9s pro has no magazine safety so it does fire without the magazine inserted. Mine has a better trigger than my previous one or the EC9

s4s4u

Hunter
Tom W said:
s4s4u said:
Tom W said:

The trigger pull is much harder on the LC9s, and is has a disconnect, so it cannot be fired without the magazine in place.
His buddy calls it "His thousand dollar Ruger" due to all of the stuff he's had done to it....

My LC9s has a sweet trigger, I can't imagine it being much lighter. Are you sure you aren't referring to the original LC9?

Latest posts