Ruger LW CMD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I got a deal this morning I could not pass up. $425
An old buddy text me asking where would be a good place to sell a gun. I asked what kind. He told me. I asked how much. He told me. I said sold, I'll be there in 20 min. with the cash.
Compared to my regular Ruger CMD the only difference I see is thinner grip panels and serrations on the front strap. Tomorrow will be the big day to test fire.
He said if he remembers correctly it shoots high but wasn't sure. He only shot it maybe 100 times. Gotta love 1911's
https://i.imgur.com/CVNaMpP.jpg

hittman

Staff member
9mm or 45?
My LW Commander is in 9mm. The first non-45 1911 I've ever owned. It's a very, very nice weapon. Accurate, reliable, light.

Yeah, that's a great price.

Cholo

Staff member
Hittman, it's a .45.

That's an incredible price! I bought one a month ago for $729 + tax. Mine doesn't have any serrations on the front strap, just like my other two SR1911 .45's. Can you show a pic of yours?

That was an amazing score! Congrats! :)

hittman

Staff member
9mm

A9OneYMh.jpg

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Yes a 45acp.
My buddy is getting his CCW and he wanted something smaller. He text me saying he just ordered a Springfield XD-s in 9mm.
The serrations are nothing special.
https://i.imgur.com/BNymlek.jpg

Hitman how do you post pics without going through Imurg? Because when I use Imgur I have to leave the pictures public so members can see them but that also allows anyone to see and comment on them.
I don't have a computer, I'm on an iPad.

hittman

Staff member
I log into Imgur.
Click on Images to see all of them in my library.
Click on the image I want.
That image is opened in another window and options are to the right side of that picture.
The 5th option from the top is "BBCode (message boards & forums)"
I highlight that to copy and paste it to this forum.

One other thing ..... at the bottom of those "Options" I select picture size "huge thumbnail".

My album is set to "hidden", not public.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
It doesn't give me that option with the apple app. And It won't let me go to and sign in on the desktop version

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Well I put about 50rnds through it today and I shoots about 4 to 5 inches low at 20 yards. Shot 230gr Gold Dots, 230gr XTP's & 230gr. Cast RN.
I went ahead and ordered a Novak adjustable rear sight for it from Brownells.
It grouped nice just low.

scubadad

Bearcat
Bought mine last summer LNIB with serrations on front strap. 600 out the door. Dead nuts accurate and reliable

dakota1911

Buckeye
Nice pistol and if it has the serrations on the front of the grip on the frame then an earlier one. Here is mine I bought new in 2015.

Also pull back the slide and I think the ramp will have an insert of Titanium in it. Not sure it is needed or just Ruger reminding us they know how to work with Titanium.

Very nice pistol and still love mine.

dakota1911

Buckeye
My comment was due to the fact that I have thousands of rounds through my 2013 Colt/Talo Clapp Commander which does not have an insert and the ramp is fine. Colt used type III anodizing on those. Now I think Ed Brown puts a steel insert into its Aluminum alloy framed Commanders in 45ACP.

scubadad

Bearcat
Love my lwcmd. I found mine lnib with the front strap serrations. I think the lwcmd is one of the best 1911's out there. Has a good balance between range use and ccw use. Thought I still wanted a officer size so I found a good deal on a used sig ultra 2 weeks before ruger released theirs. Well after shooting it I realized that i liked the lwcmd better so luckily I sold the sig (at a $100 profit) and got a ruger gp100 6in ss.

Latest posts