New - Ruger #5058 -- Full Lug 4" Redhawk, 44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cmonti77

Single-Sixer
Not too interested in revolver itself, but I sure want those black micarta grips for my .41 mag kodiak backpacker.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I too prefer the Redhawk, and particularly the abbreviated grip shown in the OP's post. I have the Kodiak Backpacker that is great, but I like the 4" full lug even better! I think I'll order one as it will make a better bear defense weapon which is my primary use for the gun.

Onty

Single-Sixer
dougader said:
Oh, Ruger, Ruger, Ruger... why won't you let the Redhawk die and replace it with the GP100 style system of the SRH?
Exactly!

Close enough:

RD04GP.jpg

The_Real_Super_Red_Hawk_1.jpg

C-Dubs

Bearcat
biglmbass said:
...Not super jazzed over the fiber optic sights, but it's not exactly a deal killer.
Changing out the front sight is about a 30 second job on the Redhawk. At least on mine it was.

I like the grips, but wonder how they'll actually feel with a large frame revolver.

Reminds me of the grips I had on my m10 S&W. Even with a Tyler t-grip, they felt small, and that's on a k-frame.

biglmbass

Bearcat
C-Dubs said:
biglmbass said:
...Not super jazzed over the fiber optic sights, but it's not exactly a deal killer.
Changing out the front sight is about a 30 second job on the Redhawk. At least on mine it was.

I like the grips, but wonder how they'll actually feel with a large frame revolver.

Reminds me of the grips I had on my m10 S&W. Even with a Tyler t-grip, they felt small, and that's on a k-frame.

I too like the looks of the grips & the round butt, but wonder if a square butt would better for pointing & managing recoil.

RSIno1

Hunter
Neezer said:
I agree with some of the comments above. Doesn't ruger realize that many people won't even consider the Redhawk line because there is almost no grip options. .......GRIP OPTIONS ARE A BIG DEAL
Funny - the first thing I noticed was that those grips would not fill my hand and wondered about something more practical being available. It looks like the little baby grip of a S&W Model 60.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I own this Redhawk full lug as well as the .44 Backpacker. Both are fantastic and highly preferred by me to the SRH platform.

JStacy

Blackhawk
If the gun had a real grip on it and not the Mickey Mouse cartoon grip , IMHO, it would look better ! The price is also climbing to S&W territory.

Gutshot

Single-Sixer
Had Bowen build a GP44 for me it is the best of both Redhawk worlds Super RH frame milled off extension original RH barrel threaded in place. See pictures that Onty posted. Mine has a 4-3/4" barrel, you can choose your length. Recoil is way less than my on my 5.5" original RH that has been ported. Look up GP44 {the real Super Redhawk} on Hamilton Bowens web site for info.
It is truly a wonderful revolver.

Jeff

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
JStacy said:
If the gun had a real grip on it and not the Mickey Mouse cartoon grip , IMHO, it would look better ! The price is also climbing to S&W territory.

I have found the Mickey Mouse grip to be more comfortable and better looking than the standard. Even though Ruger still lists the 5058 on their site, you can't find them anywhere, so it looks like some people agree with me.

Latest posts