New - Ruger #5058 -- Full Lug 4" Redhawk, 44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

biglmbass

Bearcat
Just came across this jewel. I sure like the profile and the grips. Not super jazzed over the fiber optic sights, but it's not exactly a deal killer.

zxv8YD3.jpg

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKRH444F

CraigC

Hawkeye
Now if they'd have just put that barrel on the SRH, we would've had the perfect heavy duty big bore double action. :(

dougader

Hunter
Oh, Ruger, Ruger, Ruger... why won't you let the Redhawk die and replace it with the GP100 style system of the SRH?

Thel

Blackhawk
I could not agree more myself. Then, one could also pick the style grip desired easily, round or square with a greater latitude in grip size to fit one's hand, have an action easier to tune and such and it appears in this case the easily interchangeable front sight system is retained.

Neezer

Bearcat
I agree with some of the comments above. Doesn't ruger realize that many people won't even consider the Redhawk line because there is almost no grip options. For example, I love the layout of the 357 Redhawk 8 shot snubbie however, i will never buy one cuz the alternative grip options are almost non existent. I'm surprised ruger or hogue has never addressed this issue with the Redhawks. On the other hand, if a similar platform was done in the SRH, one would need a shoe box to hold all of the grip options that are available. Haven't we had this discussion in this forum many many times before. If not, here it is in plain print.......GRIP OPTIONS ARE A BIG DEAL

hittman

Staff member
I'm evidently one of the few on the other side of this one.
The entire Super Redhawk line could go bye-bye and wouldn't bother me a bit.

And if they'd put a decent grip frame on the GP, just like on the Redhawk it'd be much more desirable too.

That goofy stick or peg thing is just an overall crappy idea. But ..... I'm old. :lol:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Old design vs. new design. I think Ruger intended to drop the Redhawk many years ago but because it is so well designed and esthetically perfect with a big following, it has been kept in the line up. Those wanting a shorter barrel on a Super Redhawk, there is a simple solution. :D

jbntx

Single-Sixer
dougader said:
Oh, Ruger, Ruger, Ruger... why won't you let the Redhawk die and replace it with the GP100 style system of the SRH?

AMEN!!!

Now, if we can just get Ruger to understand this.

CraigC

Hawkeye
IMHO, the Super Redhawk, while somewhat aesthetically challenged, is the finest hunting handgun platform available. This from a single action crackhead. ;)

IMG_9454b.jpg

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have and like both the RH and SRH and own several of each.
That said , if they would build the RH with the SRH's spring system they would then have the ideal revolver.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Interesting revolver. Does anyone know the weight difference between it and a S&W Mountain 4 inch revolver?

k22fan

Blackhawk
The best looking Redhawk is still my older blued 5 1/2 incher. I'm struggling to come up with something positive to write about the change in appearance in this new one. Maybe it will grow on me. Round butts are to make revolvers print less in concealment holsters. That role is not the Redhawk's strong point. However, round to square conversion grips will be offered after market in time.

As long as you do not mind looking at it a Super Redhawk has a more practical mechanism and is more comfortable firing hard kicking cartridges. Since Lipseys cast aside the Redhawk's traditional appearance anyway a better idea would have been to build 4" or 5" Super Redhawks without the forward frame extension. Next they could install short .45 Auto Rim cylinders that would also work well in matches with common inexpensive full moon clips. I'm a dreamer.

It is good to see variety in offering for different tastes.

Latest posts