LASER SN#'s Observation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

G2

Hunter
Just aquired my latest and first Single Action 327M Birdshead "parts kit" with the new Laser Marked Cylinder Frame ,,,
I say in jest "parts kit" because as is the usual of late, this "NEW" Gun cocks like its full of rocks, lots of trigger creep, crusty, YADAYADA.
Not complaining, actually really like this little gun.
Plan is to get it cleaned out, Bisley Hammer, Dimple Face ERB, slim the trigger, de-burr, etc.

Get the gun all broke down and notice the new SN# on the barrel, under the ERH. :shock: :shock: Interesting eahhh?
413476420.jpg

On a good note: The SN# is on there straight... :D very clean looking.

hittman

Staff member
Uh oh ...... wonder how that'll fly when folks start swapping parts around on their custom projects?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
hittman said:
Uh oh ...... wonder how that'll fly when folks start swapping parts around on their custom projects?

Won't make much difference, especially since hidden under the ER housing. Only the few people that will know about it will take the trouble to remove housing to check.

G2

Hunter
contender said:
An interesting development. We need to try & track this "change" for Chad & the RENE.

I recently was informed that the 454/480 SBH's were the first "noticed". This info came from a gunsmith that has replaced 20+ of these barrels.

My 454/480 are early production guns with the old stamping -vs- the new laser marked, I know my barrels were not sn#'d.

I would bet the new 4.6" 480/BSBH will be SN# barrel marked.

257heaven

Single-Sixer
I just got a new production SS Blackhawk 4.75" 45 Colt and it was stamped nicely under the ejector rod housing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts