.41 Mag Vaquero?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dixie884

Blackhawk
I want one, but I can see why Jason is having such a hard time getting to it. How many new models in the last year?

Sugar River

Buckeye
Jason at Lipsey's said:
My first big bore handgun was a 41 Magnum Blackhawk. I have always been a fan of the round. It has been discussed, but a few other projects are taking precedent right now over working on the feasibility of a mid size Flattop 41 Magnum. I feel confident it will work fine, but would most likely want to stretch the cylinder just a bit like we did on the Single Seven to minimize OAL issues with ammo.

Jason, you are such a tease.
I'd be in for 2 of these in stainless FT.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I wonder how many of our requests Jason and Ruger are evaluating for feasibility right now. I'll bet some of them are really difficult.

smith1961

Blackhawk
dixie884 said:
I wonder how many of our requests Jason and Ruger are evaluating for feasibility right now. I'll bet some of them are really difficult.

Well they surprised us with a new 4.2" Redhawk! Come on Vaquero!
:shock:

.41Dave

Bearcat
I'd buy any .41 mag in a mid sized framed Blackhawk or Vaquero. Heck, I'd probably buy 2 or 3. I love my .41s!

magnum711

Bearcat
.41Dave said:
I'd buy any .41 mag in a mid sized framed Blackhawk or Vaquero. Heck, I'd probably buy 2 or 3. I love my .41s!

How about a 5 1/2" flat top in either finish? LOL. That's what I want. I'd take a Vaquero, too

Groo

Bearcat
Groo here
Making a 41 on the New Vaquero frame is easy.
Get a 41 barrel or blank,bore out the cylinder [ from 357] , mount barrel and your done.
As a hint as the barrel will be replaced, any length 357 will work. [I didn't need to get a Mondago , any barrel length would work.]
This will save some dollars and offset the conversion cost.
My 5 1/4in bisley has an S&W adj sight milled into the top strap ,old school style.
I call it my "Poor mans Keith #5"

smith1961

Blackhawk
A stainless .41 Mag Vaquero would also be the first .41 in stainless right?
Let's do it! I am going to see the Ruger factory rep at Old Glory Firearms today, Hopefully he won't laugh at my suggestion. :)

smith1961

Blackhawk
Okay so I met John today. He's the Ruger rep for Northeast from Maine to Maryland. He says to contact the CEO on Ruger website and people like Jason @ Lipsey's and anything in the way of a .41 Vaquero may be possible. Nice guy. Had fun watching him try to explain to an older fella how to breakdown his MKII pistol and then demonstrate the new MKIV

smith1961

Blackhawk
Sent a note and a link to Ruger CEO regarding this thread! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!
:shock:

P.S. You 20+ posters can send a reminder too and let's keep ringing Jason@Lipsey's bell!!!!!!!!!!