GP100 38 Special 3"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

QB

Single-Sixer
Yeah, it was reported that about 20 of the 3" GP100s in .38 special were released. I find it hard to believe that out of 20 available that the small little gunshop that I found my two at had any of them let alone two of them. With that said, I only ever saw one NIB one for sale on GB awhile back so maybe they are a bit scarce.

I don't and never will shoot .357 mag and so I like my revolvers in .38 special only (i.e. not .38 special/.357 mag). It may or may not lower the resale value but that's not a concern of mine.

I have the two GP100s, a S&W 686 and a S&W Model 60 Pro series - all 3" and all in .38 special only. I LOVE 3" revolvers.

Pictures of one of my Rugers (same gun but with different grips) and the S&W 686 below. The S&W Model 60 (and another revolver) is sitting at my dealer's shop but I can't drive to get them due to the icy roads which is just killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your purchase. I absolutely LOVE my Ruger GP100s....put fiber optic front sights on them and changed the grips and that's it.

GP100WithCompactGrips_zpsaced27df.jpg

GP100NewGrips_zps4931fccf.jpg

SampW6863Inch_zps1fb4ebb1.jpg

FergusonTO35

Hunter
QB, you rock. I currently have three .38's that I like very much and really want to add a .38 GP-100 and an S&W 67 someday. I think .38 Special is the perfect revolver cartridge, whereas the .357 is the perfect carbine round in my Marlin 1894. Saw a cherry blued 4" Speed Six .38 at a shop today for $350.00. No funding for it though. The shop is Hensley's Gun Shop in Harrodsburg, KY (859)733-9255 if anyone is interested.

jsh

Single-Sixer
I have made an old friend of mine perfectly aware of my choice to slide over to Rugers. He tried to sway me back in to the smiths by leaving me a message of a cheap highly modified 3" 16.
I will say I had a hard time walking out with it. I recall seeing these conversions of any early child safety device that operated with a magnetic ring. The ring was about as cheesey as I have ever seen. Looked like it came out of a gumball machine. It was made for some one with small hands and I had a heck of a time getting it to work once.
If it had all of the info and and maker on it I would have been more interested in the novelty of it. I came to my senses and left it. 3" or not.
Jeff

Snake45

Hawkeye
Those things are beautiful. Remind me a great deal of my limited-run 3" S&W M66, except of course that my 66 is thinner and lighter. :wink:

RME

Blackhawk
You guys do know there is a Ruger 3" - GP-100 - .357 - adjustable rear sight and removable front sight out there, right?
It's the:
Ruger GP-100
Cat. # KGP-131
Model # 1708

RME

RME

Blackhawk
On 12/19 on Armslist there was a KGP-831 (38 special only) for sale
for $800.00. I e-mailed the guy and he would sell and ship FFL to FFL
for$625.00. This was the only time this year that my gun funds were
low-low due to x-mas, does that figure or what. I checked tonight and
the Armslist post for the gun is gone so i'm sure he had no problem selling
it. I 'll keep looking out for one and hopefully if there is a next time, i'll
have the funds.

RME

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I'm just hoping that a KGPF-840 for $400.00 or less crosses my path someday. Still kicking myself for not buying one brand new for $410.00 a decade ago!

Ripper

Bearcat
RME said:
On 12/19 on Armslist there was a KGP-831 (38 special only) for sale
for $800.00. I e-mailed the guy and he would sell and ship FFL to FFL
for$625.00. This was the only time this year that my gun funds were
low-low due to x-mas, does that figure or what. I checked tonight and
the Armslist post for the gun is gone so i'm sure he had no problem selling
it. I 'll keep looking out for one and hopefully if there is a next time, i'll
have the funds.

RME
That was me! My listing keeps getting flagged? Anyway, if your still looking let me know!

Steve

jsh

Single-Sixer
Hey gents. Any pics of leather for these 3" jobs?? I suppose we could let the 357 guys in on this? :wink:
Jeff

Latest posts