10/22 Factory Maple Stock Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CyberPlinker

Bearcat
I was on eBay the other night (a dangerous place LOL) and ran across a newly listed 10/22 Used Maple Stock for Buy It Now of $45.00 with free shipping. I have never seen a maple stock for a 10/22 only Walnut and Birch. Is this truly a factory maple stock? When did they make these? I went on and bought it because I have never seen one before and was worried someone else would buy it first before I found out anything about it. It had only been listed for 23 minutes when I bought it. Hope I didn't make a bad purchase. No cracks or chips. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am also new to the forum, so HI to everybody!

$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3tvBR)zjGk1NQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16N,!zQE9s3srYizBR)zjJvDUw~~60_57.JPG

According to "Ruger and his guns" the original 10/22's came with walnut, then when walnut got too expensive they went to birch (sn:119-700067---121-50355), and finally to maple.

Precision32

Blackhawk
Rare? Not really. You just have to be on the lookout for one and see beneath the stain. I think a gave $9.00 for mine from the junk barrel at my LGS. It cleaned up real nice and is an interesting look.

CyberPlinker

Bearcat
Thanks for the information on the years they were made. I plan on refinishing the stock and using the dye method (TransTint Vintage Maple) to pop the tiger stripe grain in the stock. If I had the complete original rife, I would probably just leave it as is. Since I don't own the original rife though I am just going to replace my plain ole birch stock with this one once refinished.