Oops.....I have strayed again

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
As much as I enjoy my 10/22's today I got weak and brought home a Remington Speedmaster 552.

I've always admired the look and function of these guns but this one is the first one I've owned. If it's as much fun and as reliable as my Nylon 66, it should burn though a lot of ammo this summer.

Anybody else here have a Remington rim fire rifle weakness?

I've got so many of the Rem rimfires not sure I can count them all. I grew up shooting the Rem .22s and they continue to accumulate. My 552 is a great, adult size .22 which fits me better than a nylon 66 and thus I shoot it better - haven't shot it as much as some of the others in the stable but it has served me well.

My first rifle (at age 5) was a single shot Remmy. It is long gone, but a few years ago I bought one just like it except the stock is not cut down on this one. I use it with CB caps to take out aggressive back yard squirrels.

DDDWho

Bearcat
I received a Rem 514 for XMas when I was 9 years old. Its a single shot bolt action. Sixty four years later I still have the gun. I had it professionally reblued last summer and refinished the stock myself leaving the dings and scratches for the memories. As a matter of fact I shot it just yesterday at a target in a tree in my yard. My aging eyes make it difficult to focus on sights and target but I was able to put all on paper with 2 in the same hole 1" from dead center bull. I love that little .22

DSC02205_zpsf7b5d0a1.jpg

In my view the Speedmaster is the most desirable .22 on the market today.

Ladobe

Single-Sixer
Have had a bunch of 22 rifles (and handguns) since the mid 50's. I started out shooting Winchester 1890's, 1906's and a 1903 in the 50's, but remember at least 3 Remy's in the 60's - 2 bolters and an auto. But the 22 auto that's still with me I got new in 1959, a High Standard/JC Higgins Model 31 with a JCH Rifleman Senior scope. Still as nice as new 54 years later, still accurate and always reliable even with mixed ammo. It has easily remained my favorite of all the 22 auto rifle's I've ever owned (including 6 Ruger 10/22's).

31jch.jpg

Buckhorn150

Bearcat
Have a thing for marlins, model 60 was my first gun. Bought it when I was 16, now my two boys shoot it, priceless. Also model 80dl,and 925m.

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
hittman, I have the very same rifle, speedmaster deluxe with the cartridge deflector. My first long gun that used powder and a Christmas gift from my late father. Many bricks down the tube and a lot of fox squirrels sent to the pot. This one will never go. regards and enjoy. kyle