Ruger SR22 Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wired1979

Bearcat
Compatriots,

I am looking for an OWB holster for the new SR22 pistol I picked up at the gun show last night. $295. Not a bad price for a plinker. :)

Any idea who is making holsters specifically for this firearm?

thanks

Wired1979

hobbydad

Bearcat
I would think almost anything for a Walther P22 would work, they're almost identical externally. Check out the side by side pictures in this thread, half way down the page.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426656&page=4

John E Davies

Single-Sixer
hobbydad said:
I would think almost anything for a Walther P22 would work, they're almost identical externally.
Unless it's tight closed bottom holster - the Walther is shorter, so I don't think you would be able to cram a Ruger in a Walther rig. Any open-bottom leather or padded nylon holster would most likely work dandy ... but I personally would wait for some choices made just for the Ruger. It will only be a matter of a month or two at most.

Sr22P222.JPG

John Davies
Spokane WA

Buck B.

Bearcat
Go to Rugers website and to the SR22 page; in the extra section they have a list of compatible holsters that are available at this time. More options are sure to come though.

wired1979

Bearcat
Buck B. said:
Go to Rugers website and to the SR22 page; in the extra section they have a list of compatible holsters that are available at this time. More options are sure to come though.

Ya, looked at those, they are all nylon holsters. I was hoping to find a kydex holster, something formed specifically for the firearm.

steelhawk

Bearcat
Maybe you can find a reliable holster maker near where you live who can use your gun to make the holster.

I have made about a dozen holsters using the customer's gun. One guy even drove 90 miles twice so I could make him a holster using his gun.

mrhardpressed

Bearcat
There is a guy making nice SR22 holsters OWB, IWB. Excellent reviews and quality work. Check out his testimonies-
jacksonleatherworkdotcom

kaynohtee

Bearcat
I know this is late coming, but I found that Glock 26/27 holsters fit like they were made for it. Especially leather, but even the blackhawk Serpa works. the serpa is just a little loose, but it isn't going anywhere- and I just use it for range day stuff.

Shoot hard.

Nerd_Ferguson

Bearcat
There are generic Kydex Hybrid holster kits where you custom mold your own. Unfortunately, I don't have a name or link handy but I bet a Google search would work.

RUT

Single-Sixer
mrhardpressed said:
There is a guy making nice SR22 holsters OWB, IWB. Excellent reviews and quality work. Check out his testimonies-
jacksonleatherworkdotcom

I wish he'd put his prices on the website rather than making us jump through hoops to get one.

chrisheile

Bearcat
I just got my leather slide holster for the SR22 from the Holster Store. My belt is very stiff. It will pass through the slot but not through the slide. i just sent them a message regarding this. I believe the holster will be wonderful. It's tight but not too tight. It appears that it will ride high and tight to the body. I just can't get my darn belt through it. Hopefully they will make it right. This one looks a lot like the Don Hume JIT except the first pass is a slot instead of a shorter slide.

Noah Zark

Bearcat
kaynohtee said:
I know this is late coming, but I found that Glock 26/27 holsters fit like they were made for it . . .

. . . but any holster made for a 3" 1911 fits even better, IMO and experience.

I have a Glock 26/27 IWB by Bianchi (cha-CHING!) that the SR22 fits like a broomstick in a bathtub. I'd never wear it because it's WAY too loose a fit.

When I shopped for holsters for my SR22, the clerk steered me away from G26/27 holsters and to 3" 1911s without retention straps. We tried them at the counter and the 1911s fit the SR22 as if they were made expressly for the SR22. Unfortunately for him and the store, I had plenty of strapless 3" 1911 holsters at home -- four strapless 3" 1911 holsters, all leather, three OWB and one IWB and each one of them fits the SR22 snugly.

I have a fifth 3" 1911 OWB by DeSantis with retention straps that will NOT snap shut around the rear of the SR22 slide. I use it for my Springfield Micro Compact anyway. You could always slice the straps off, I suppose.

Hope this helps,

Noah

Latest posts