Shortening the LC9 trigger pull lenght

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Anyone know of a kit or trick to shorten the trigger pull lenght of an LC9? It's really starting to get on my nerves!

Iceaxe

Bearcat
Check out: Galloway Precision

At the current time you will have to send them your hammer and trigger bar so they can modify it.

In the future they plan on having ready made hammers and trigger bars.

Said to shorten the pull by half.

Galloway also has reduced power firing pin blocker springs and heavier recoil springs for sale.

4521dln

Single-Sixer
I had my parts modified by Galloway, it does reduce trigger pull/travel. I have put all of the parts that Galloway currently offers for the LC9 on my pistol. Stainless guide rod. 20# guide rod spring, RTK trigger etc . It did make a dramatic difference in the function of the pistol. Parts all are top quality and Galloway are excellent people to deal with.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I'm looking at doing it for sure after the holidays and I too would like to have all the stuff they carry except the grip tape. I think it would be money well spent!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Note that Galloway or any other 'smith modifications will not be left in place should your pistol go back to Ruger for any reason.
From a bench tech at Prescott (un-officially and paraphrasing of course) - the longer trigger pull is a design feature for safety factors in a defensive pistol which has potential to be carried in a pocket or low-end or sleeve-type holster. The LC9 is not a target gun, it's design is much different.

I agree. Though I'd like a shorter pull for a morning full of punching paper, I have target guns for that purpose. I only want the LC9 to go bang every time with hard, deliberate pulls such as in a defensive shoot-to-kill save-my-family's life situation.

But YMMV. To each his own.

dougader

Hunter
Mas Ayoob talked about that before and, except for extremely light trigger pulls or basement hatchet jobs, he thought it could be reasoned away by showing that a person's ability to deliver accurate fire under stress would be a plus, not a negative... less likely to hit innocent bystanders, etc...

Now if it is an accidental shooting, one is not going to get off the hook by arguing "I didn't mean to..."

Larryhoosier

Bearcat
I find that the best way for me to fire the LC9 well is a quick strong pull, just sight and go at it hard and quick. This is different than my approach with even my LCR! I haven't fired them side by side alternately, but maybe that should be my next test. At any rate, to me, the LCR pulls shorter and breaks much quicker than the LC9. If that is true shouldn't they be very much the same in length and weight of pull? The same argument can be made for both in a pocket carry scenario, no?

BrittB

Single-Sixer
I don't really follow any sort of thinking like that. I just want a gun that feels right to me and as much as I love my LC9, it just needs trigger work to make it right. My little LCP was a little hand full but the trigger wasn't really a concern as it never felt bad to me.

EVR

Single-Sixer
Not to derail the thread but I really like the SR9 as it is. I really do not carry it where I need precision shoting as for varmints and such, but it seems to feel good on the courses we cook up on the range here. I've been VERY impressed with the pistol overall.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Since the weather has gone to pot here, it's getting to be big coat time and the P90 will be my mine carry cannon of choice. Between now and good weather time, I'll do the trigger mods to the LC9.

Latest posts