Aftermarket stocks for 10/22 TD?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer1

Single-Sixer
Has anyone heard of anyone producing aftermarket stocks for the 10/22 TD? I would really like to see a Hogue overmolded stock for the 10/22 TD. A guy over at RimFireCentral.com forum customized a Hogue overmolded for his TD. He did a real nice job!!! Maybe I just have to wait a bit for the 10/22 aftermarket folks to get in the groove??

I got a blue TEAM USA model. I would like to save the blue stock.

While at my LGS, I was also able to compare the 10/22 TD to the Henry AR-7. I preferred the better fit and finish of the 10/22 TD. The AR-7 is an old platform that is now being produced by Henry. It is an interesting concept, but I have been reading about nagging magazine feeding issues. A little refinement would be helpful.

YMMV.

m657

Buckeye
I had ogled the AR7 over much of the last 35 years. From time to time friends would have them.....for a while....and I'd get to play with them....for a while....but a couple features I never cared for were at the very heart of the concept: primitive sights and limited magazine. Loved the compact watertight aspect though.

Never did get around my reluctance to buy one....but I always suspected passing on the one a buddy offered for $85 was going to be regretted.....

GasGuzzler

Hunter
There are some really crappy ones on eBay offered by people that are experimenting. They have access to the gun for measurements, etc. but no wood skills. I know it seems you are speaking of synthetic replacements but these are cut standard wood carbine units. Since I can fix the wood but don't have a TD to take measurements, I have wondered how much work it would be to make a functional and pretty wood TD stock.

m657

Buckeye
I for one like the TD synthetic stock for present purposes.

A wood(?) version I really liked, was a Garand style, with the Tech sights.

Very retro looking, and a handy configuration.

I've seen a few photos posted here somewhere with folding or slider butt stocks for the TD, and a couple custom front stocks.

Wonder if eventually this model will go full Factory.Transformer options with a dozen different styles available.

Latest posts