Threaded barrel for the SR22 pistol?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scottginfla said:
blume357 said:
Neither, just me personally....

Not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

I did not do a trust or the corp. thing... for a lot of reasons, good or bad. just more hoops to jump through, which is what the whole thing is about.... more hoops less folks doing it and then 'they' succeed / win. But then I think 'they' already have you either way.

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
This is the responce I recieved today

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Twin Tech Tactical threaded barrels. Due to an overwhelming interest in our new aftermarket threaded barrel for the Ruger SR22 pistol, supplies are limited.

Twin Tech Tactical is the original manufacturer of suppressor ready aftermarket threaded barrels, and threaded barrel accessories for the new Ruger SR22 pistol.

Our barrels are made of 416 Stainless, have a 1:16 twist, are button rifled, thermo stress relieved, and air gauged. Our barrels are CNC machined and the quality meets or exceeds the OEM.

We have just launched the webpage promoting this product on 6/8/2012 and the response has been overwhelming. We have 80 barrels currently in production and are offering them on a first come first serve basis. We have 3 barrels of the 80 that are unspoken for, and are offering them for sale.

The barrel package includes a thread protector, and a ½"-28 threaded adaptor that is necessary for standard suppressors.

The price for the 3 pieces pictured below is $149.95 + shipping.

Delivery is estimated at 2 to 3 weeks.

If you would like to reserve one of these barrels please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks.

scottginfla

Single-Sixer
[/quote]

I did not do a trust or the corp. thing... for a lot of reasons, good or bad. just more hoops to jump through, which is what the whole thing is about.... more hoops less folks doing it and then 'they' succeed / win. But then I think 'they' already have you either way.[/quote]

How can you do it if you don't use one of them? PM me if needed.

You don't need to be a trust or corporation to get a tax stamp... as far as I know it was all originally designed for individuals, which is how I applied... Corporations and then trust probably came later for legal reasons.... the advantage to these as I understand it is more than one person can use the class 3 device and you don't need the local county sheriff's sign off. Since my county sheriff signed off on my paper work the afternoon I gave it to him, and I have no one I really want to use the surpressor with out my supervision seemed like as an individual was the way to go...

El Peligro Loco

Bearcat
Goommer said:
I found threaded barrels for the SR22 here http://www.twintechtactical.com
Looks like they are taking orders for a production run. You contact them via their website and they get back with you.

Seems like an odd post? I've seen the same thing posted on other forums and get hammered for being a sales rep trying to sell crap without buying advertising space.

Anyone know anything about Twin Tech? I never heard of them. Sounds like this is their first product. I think I'll put my life in the hands of someone I trust and wait for Ruger's barrel or a reputable manufacturer. I don't want to be the guy that they use to work the bugs out on.

Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I have read the discussions going on this thread and wanted to provide some guidance. I hold a Type 07 Federal Firearms License and have a Class 02 SOT, so I am a licensed dealer and manufacturer of firearms, as well as, NFA firearms. (Class 02 is the same as Class 03, but designates a manufacturer. Class 03 is only a dealer.)

Twin Tech Tactical is the place to get threaded barrels for the SR22. I met one of the owners yesterday at the gun show in Conroe, TX where they are located. I intend to order one for my SR22.

As for obtaining any NFA firearm, the process is pretty straight forward. You may apply as an individual or you may apply as a trust. There are no other options by which you may apply. Here are the steps:

As an individual:
Select the NFA item you desire to purchase. We'll use a silencer in the example, but the steps are the same for a SBR, SBS, or machinegun.
You will need to work with a NFA licensed dealer in your area to secure the silencer. Maybe he has one in stock, or will order one for you. Maybe you purchased one online and he will need to transfer it to you. Dealers will transfer the silencer between themselves on BATFE Form 3.
Once the silencer is on hand, you will complete, with you dealer's assistance, BATFE Form 4 in duplicate. On the second page of each you will answer questions about your background similar to what you do for a normal firearm purchase. You will attach a 2"x2" photo of yourself to the second page of each where designated. You will then take or send the two copies of the Form 4 to your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) for endorsement. The CLEO could be: your county sheriff, your city police chief, or your county district attorney. Your dealer should be able to direct you to the right person.
Once the duplicate Form 4's are signed you mail them to BATFE along with two completed fingerprint cards (have someone take your prints - a neighbor who is a law enforcement officer, go to the police dept, etc), one copy of BATFE Form 5330 that attests to your citizenship, and a check to BATFE for $200. Remember you must submit 2 Form 4's, with 2x2 photos on each and each signed by your CLEO, the Form 5330 (only one of this form is needed), and 2 print cards, along with your check. Your dealer will mail these to BATFE. Now WAIT - up to 6 months to get the Form 4 back with a cancelled tax stamp on it. You then complete Form 4473 like you do for any other firearms transaction, then take you silencer home. The $200 is a one time fee.

To apply with a trust the steps are the same, except:
You need to set up the trust and this typically requires an attorney and $200 - $500 for his fee
You do not have to have fingerprints taken
You do not need the CLEO's signature
You do not need the certification of citizenship.
You still need to pay $200 and you'll still wait just as long....sorry.
More than one person can be in the trust to share the cost and the silencer

If you have any questions about National Firearms Act transactions, please feel free to contact me via my website, which is the same as my user name on this forum.

I hope this helps everyone.
David

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
louiethelump said:
Well to begin with, it sounds like about six hundred dollars! :D :(

What I was talking about was the understanding that I had, having talked with a few class III gun owners, that you have to give up the right to a search of your house or the premises where the class III item is to be stored. In other words, you have to give consent for a warrantless search of your home or business for "inspection". Do they no longer have you sign off on that?

That's a bunch of crap. Where ever you heard that, you heard a bunch of nonsense. Look at the current "American Rifleman" for the best scoop on acquiring a suppressor.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
scottginfla said:
I always forget about the local sheriff, who won't sign here, thats what your vote is for right? Thanks.

I had the same problem with our local "Barney Fife" about signing off on the Form 4. He said he wouldn't do that because he has no control over the suppressor when it arrives. I stood right in front of him and told him that he has absolutely NO control over all the deer rifles here in this part of Northwestern Wisconsin, and a bullet from an '06 will go right through that friggen vest you're wearing right now. His eyes got real big. Actually, the BATF-E is working to eliminate the local LEO sign-off. It's just moving very slowly through the system. :shock:

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
gulfcoastfirearmstx said:
Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I have read the discussions going on this thread and wanted to provide some guidance. I hold a Type 07 Federal Firearms License and have a Class 02 SOT, so I am a licensed dealer and manufacturer of firearms, as well as, NFA firearms. (Class 02 is the same as Class 03, but designates a manufacturer. Class 03 is only a dealer.)

Twin Tech Tactical is the place to get threaded barrels for the SR22. I met one of the owners yesterday at the gun show in Conroe, TX where they are located. I intend to order one for my SR22.

As for obtaining any NFA firearm, the process is pretty straight forward. You may apply as an individual or you may apply as a trust. There are no other options by which you may apply. Here are the steps:

As an individual:
Select the NFA item you desire to purchase. We'll use a silencer in the example, but the steps are the same for a SBR, SBS, or machinegun.
You will need to work with a NFA licensed dealer in your area to secure the silencer. Maybe he has one in stock, or will order one for you. Maybe you purchased one online and he will need to transfer it to you. Dealers will transfer the silencer between themselves on BATFE Form 3.
Once the silencer is on hand, you will complete, with you dealer's assistance, BATFE Form 4 in duplicate. On the second page of each you will answer questions about your background similar to what you do for a normal firearm purchase. You will attach a 2"x2" photo of yourself to the second page of each where designated. You will then take or send the two copies of the Form 4 to your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) for endorsement. The CLEO could be: your county sheriff, your city police chief, or your county district attorney. Your dealer should be able to direct you to the right person.
Once the duplicate Form 4's are signed you mail them to BATFE along with two completed fingerprint cards (have someone take your prints - a neighbor who is a law enforcement officer, go to the police dept, etc), one copy of BATFE Form 5330 that attests to your citizenship, and a check to BATFE for $200. Remember you must submit 2 Form 4's, with 2x2 photos on each and each signed by your CLEO, the Form 5330 (only one of this form is needed), and 2 print cards, along with your check. Your dealer will mail these to BATFE. Now WAIT - up to 6 months to get the Form 4 back with a cancelled tax stamp on it. You then complete Form 4473 like you do for any other firearms transaction, then take you silencer home. The $200 is a one time fee.

To apply with a trust the steps are the same, except:
You need to set up the trust and this typically requires an attorney and $200 - $500 for his fee
You do not have to have fingerprints taken
You do not need the CLEO's signature
You do not need the certification of citizenship.
You still need to pay $200 and you'll still wait just as long....sorry.
More than one person can be in the trust to share the cost and the silencer

If you have any questions about National Firearms Act transactions, please feel free to contact me via my website, which is the same as my user name on this forum.

I hope this helps everyone.
David

David:

You forgot one. You can also apply as an LLC or Corporation to obtain a suppressor. I turned my business into an LLC last February because our local sheriff is a dink and won't sign off on the Form 4. That way the LLC owns the suppressor and it's much easier to get (without a fingerprint card) and much easier to dispose of later on.

David:

You forgot one. You can also apply as an LLC or Corporation to obtain a suppressor. I turned my business into an LLC last February because our local sheriff is a dink and won't sign off on the Form 4. That way the LLC owns the suppressor and it's much easier to get (without a fingerprint card) and much easier to dispose of later on.

I didn't mention using one of those business entities because, depending on the state where your entity is formed, you may have to pay an annual fee to keep the business entity organized. That would be a fee payable to your state, not BATFE, so in the long run, it could make your NFA firearm very expensive. In Texas, there is no such fee for an LLC. I have no knowledge of other states' requirements. I think, if you can find a lawyer who will do a trust on the cheap, that the trust is the best way to go. Our District Attorney here in the Houston, Harris County, TX area, is still willing to sign the Form 4's, but only after the office's chief investigator vets the applicant. It is not a painful process at all.

mattsbox99

Hunter
You don't even need a lawyer to do a trust. Lots of guys have used Quicken Willmaker and LegalZoom.com to form their Trust.

I recommend the Trust, since you can add people to it so they are able to use your NFA item without you present.

Irelander

Bearcat
The benefits of silencers abound. Most importantly hearing protection. A silencer will suppress the sound of a gunshot to hearing safe levels. It will not make your gun silent like in the movies. A .22 rifle is fairly quiet but with a suppressor and subsonic ammo it's even quieter than an underpowered air rifle. It makes small game hunting so much more pleasant to me. For centerfire weapons the benefits are even greater since the hearing damage potential is so much greater with these guns.

I love hunting but hate the damage that is caused to my hearing when shooting at game. Sure, you can carry hearing protection and put them on before you take the shot but that is a nuisance and can cause a missed opportunity. Imagine seeing your game and pulling up for the shot and shooting without a loud BOOM! Just a quiet smack of gasses escaping from your silencer with the bullet. Your game goes down but the other game is not spooked. Also, your shoulder does hurt because silencers also reduce recoil and allow you to get back on target quicker if you need a second shot. But not having your ears ringing after a shot is well worth the cost of a silencer to me.

In tactical situations, communication is critical. Using silencers allows tactical teams to communicate more effectively even in the midst of a firefight. This is an excellent tactical advantage. Not to mention that silencers have been proven to improve the accuracy of a weapon. By controlling the superheated gasses behind the bullet, the flight of the bullet is more stable and more accurate.

Eliminating hearing damage, increasing communication between shooters, improving accuracy, reducing recoil....yeah there are a few benefits to owning a silencer.

Check out the American Silencer Association website http://americansilencerassociation.com/ to read more about the benefits of silencers and consider becoming a member.