Two New SA Ruger's and my First Try at Making Cowboy Leather

Help Support Ruger Forum:

countryboy

Single-Sixer
I got a couple of new SA Ruger's and thought I'd post some pics. First up is a Talo edition Bird's head New Vaquero that I just got in yesterday from forum member seebs. It has a 3 3/4" barrel and is chambered in 45 ACP.

Next is a 44 mag Super Blackhawk with 4 5/8" barrel that I bought several weeks ago.

I put a few rounds through both yesterday evening and both shoot great. I seemed to be a little more accurate with the Vaquero but I was only shooting at cans mainly making sure they both functioned properly. Hopefully I can get time to set up a target before long and put a couple of boxes of ammo through each to really get a feel for them. Either way so far I'm pleased with both.

Talo Birds Head Vaquero 45 ACP
2190upu.jpg

SBH 44 mag
xui68.jpg

Here is a few pics of my first try at making a Cowboy rig for my SBH. For what ever reason I have always wanted a rig like this and I really like the way this one turned out. I am self taught so I was very pleased that it came out the way I wanted on the first try. The holster wasn't that bad but never making a belt like this before, it took me a while to figure everything out. I worked on it to nearly 3 am on my day off just getting it stitched and the bullet loops molded. Now that I have made one it should be easier next time.

2911aw6.jpg

zkhez4.jpg

1zwjdzt.jpg

PECKER

Single-Sixer
Love the birds head, got that on the top of the want list. What's not to love about a 4 5/8 SBH I sure love mine. Fine looking leather, Peck

countryboy

Single-Sixer
I appreciate the compliments. I'm a full time holster maker but mostly make concealment rigs. In the last year I have made a few field type holsters for revolvers and this lead to me wanting to try and make cowboy rig. My wife does the tooling and carving and I originally wanted her to carve something on this holster but couldn't decide what I wanted so I just had her do a simple border stamp.

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
You do beautiful work! Looks as good as any I've seen. It's time to quit your regular job, set up a website and start taking orders.
Don