Stainless Ruger American?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigkev98

Bearcat
I've been looking to purchase a 30.06 or 308 for the past couple off weeks then I saw Jeff's review of the American. I really prefer stainless, has anyone heard if they might come out with one in the near future?

boray

Bearcat
I think the American was designed to compete against the wildly popular Savage Axis. The Axis is now available in blued, stainless, right and left hand, as well as camo finishes. If Ruger hopes to be competitive then they'll almost have to produce the rifle in various configurations and finishes. It'll just take a while to get up to speed before the variants start to appear. Heck even the other calibers they initially announced haven't become available yet so I'm predicting stainless versions to be 6 months to a year away.

hawk_driver

Single-Sixer
As soon as they come out with a stainless 243, I will buy one for the wife. Bought her a stainless Rem 700 this past summer, but not happy with how it shoots.

chet15

Hawkeye
Everything depends on how the Ruger's current version sells. To me, the price point will make it a sure winner and then stainless guns are sure to be offered in the future.
Chet15