P94 Price

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wilbe Lead

Bearcat
Found a P94 at a gun shop.They are asking $249.00 for the gun.
Is this about the going price for one?Was there any problems with this gun in 40S&W? I have a P89 and a P95 that have been shot 1000 rounds plus with no problems.
Later
Wilbe Lead

hittman

Staff member
I've never seen any good condition P series used gun under $300.00.

Never had that model though. Mine's a 90DC and 95DC.

Mike J

Hunter
I think price would vary depending on where you live. My .40 caliber P94 is a good gun. If you want it I would say give it a close inspection before you purchase.

96/44

Blackhawk
That is a good price if it is in decent shape. Going price on them new was around $425 before they were discontinued.

sebtool

Blackhawk
I've been looking a little bit lately. If it's in decent shape, that sounds like a pretty good price. Get them to throw in a box of ammo and make a deal!

JohnW

Bearcat
I have a P94 in .40 S&W that I have owned since 1997. I gave $250 for it back then, and thought I stole it. 15 years later, if its in decent shape, and its only $249, go get it. Especially if you enjoy your other P-series.

No, no issues at all with the .40 version that I'm aware of. I don't put a lot of rounds through mine, but it has been pretty much completely reliable. Certainly never broke or wore out anything. It will digest anything I ever fed it except for some cheap 170 grain cast bullet gunshow special ammo. I think it would have done fine with it if I had polished the feed ramp.

roylt

Hunter
For 250 if you don't like it you could resell it here and make your money back.

Buy it!

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I think it all depends on if it is Blue, Stainless, 9mm or 40 cal, DC or Safety, and overall condition etc etc. Lots of variables.... but it sounds like a fair price for a blued 9mm P94. JMO of course......

Mosinka

Bearcat
Unless there is something terribly wrong with it or it has been abused, then I have to consider that to be a good price. It is regrettable that Ruger has discontinued the P series. My first Ruger was a P89, and my most recent was a P345. I have the P94 and two P95's (blue & stainless). All depends upon the condition, because they're just not making any more of them. For those asking about caliber, the P94 is .40 S&W. Mine is DC (de-cock only). One of the most excellent series of pistols ever produced, IMHO. For anybody considering the P345, all I can say is WOW. Very easy to shoot and very accurate (even for a sloppy shooter like myself).

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Mosinka said:
Unless there is something terribly wrong with it or it has been abused, then I have to consider that to be a good price. It is regrettable that Ruger has discontinued the P series. My first Ruger was a P89, and my most recent was a P345. I have the P94 and two P95's (blue & stainless). All depends upon the condition, because they're just not making any more of them. For those asking about caliber, the P94 is .40 S&W. Mine is DC (de-cock only). One of the most excellent series of pistols ever produced, IMHO. For anybody considering the P345, all I can say is WOW. Very easy to shoot and very accurate (even for a sloppy shooter like myself).

FYI... the P94 is actually a 9mm and the P944 is the .40 cal, however, both are marked P94 on the slide (I have one of each, both DCs) More P series info can be found at Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_P_series

P93, P94 and P944

The P93 is a compact 9mm model, with a shortened 4 in (100 mm) barrel and a streamlined slide and frame. The P94 is a mid-sized 9mm, with a 4.2 in (110 mm) barrel and the P93's streamlined styling. The P944 is similar externally to the P94 but chambered in .40 S&W. The P944 also introduced a camblock incorporated into the recoil spring guide rather than the M1911-style swinging link of previous version. This camblock was used on all P-series pistols designed afterward. The P91 was discontinued in 1994, and the P94 was discontinued in 2004

Wilbe Lead

Bearcat
Ok got the P94 home yesterday.It is a shooter.Ran some PMC 40 ammo though it.My son learned that going from a 22 auto and his Blackhawk a bigger auto you have to hold onto to it.No limp wresting the gun.
What is the little silver pin on the right side of the gun above the grip?
I have a P89 and P95 and they do not have this pin.
Later
Wilbe Lead

roylt

Hunter
Look at your 89 again it has the pin. That pin is what the hammer pivots on.

I assume this is an older P944 with the same setup as your 89. Swinging link on the barrel.

If it is the newer style the barrel is like on the 95. I forget what that is called right now.?.

89 and 944 are my favorite with the 95 a close second. Great guns in my opinion.

Post a pic if you get time and alway report back. Seems like there is never enough P-gun stuff on here for a P-nut like myself.

roylt

Hunter
Also your 95 has this pin too for the hammer pivot. It is recessed in the frame a little but it is still there.