12 & 14 LB Wolf Springs in LCP ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
I read just a few comments about the higher weight recoil springs in the LCP. Has anyone tried increasing from the 9 lb or so factory recoil spring weight? I realize one would have to keep the loading matched to the spring for reliable cycling. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just starting some reloading & looking at options.

revhigh

Hawkeye
sourdough44 said:
I read just a few comments about the higher weight recoil springs in the LCP. Has anyone tried increasing from the 9 lb or so factory recoil spring weight? I realize one would have to keep the loading matched to the spring for reliable cycling. Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just starting some reloading & looking at options.

Why ??? Have you found an issue with the stock spring ?? If not .... why change a thing ?

REV

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
Just asking, there is the theory about using recoil springs matched to the loads one is shooting. With most factory ammo there is likely no reason.

boomer1

Single-Sixer
There have been a lot of discussions at the elsiepeaforum on this very subject.

www.elsiepeaforum.com

You should check it out.

boomer 8)

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
Boomer1 , that's a great site for LCP fans, tons of spring info there.

I had a Midway order in the works, I added an 11 & 12 lb Wolf spring to the order. I'll give them a try with some reloads I'm working up. It seemed like the 13 lb was a little much for a few who tried it.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I changed mine out to the 12# after reading a lot on the Elsiepea forum.

It works flawlessly and even soften the felt (perceived) re-coil. :shock:

Lateck,

Latest posts