Beretta vs Cimmaron SA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
I understand that the Cimmaron is made for them by Uberti and the Beretta is made by Beretta. I like the Beretta Birdshead my hunting buddy has, haven't fired the Cimmaron. Both are well made as my experience with Uberti has been really good.
Both are Colt SAA power level so Nothing tougher than what is safe in a Colt SAA for ammo.

gak

Buckeye
I've really enjoyed my Cimarron P .44 Special. For transfer bars I'll stick with the Rugers. My understanding is Beretta IS Uberti and vice versa, and that Beretta's SA line (Stampede etc) is made by the Uberti "division" anyway, just unique in having the transfer bar arrangement versus traditional Colt like other Ubertis.

J Miller

Blackhawk
Most Cimmarons are made by Uberti, true.
Beretta and Uberti are owned by the same parent company and Uberti makes Beretta's single actions.
Each company has their own specs that Uberti makes the guns to. The quality is there but do you want a transfer bar or do you want traditional?

Joe

CraigC

Hawkeye
That pretty much sums it up. Cimarron for a traditional action, Beretta for a transfer bar, all made by Uberti.

Boge

Single-Sixer
The Beretta design is GARBAGE and and as such does not warrant itself to slicking up. It has an entirely different internal hand system. The Uberti is exactly like the original Colt albeit small differences, e.g., cylinder is larger, no recoil plate, etc.

Buy the Uberti and have it slicked up. :wink:

P.S.

Beretta bought Uberti circa 2001 or so as Aldo Uberti died in 1999 and his children were not "gun" people per se. Uberti however is a separate entity.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Not to nitpick but Aldo Uberti died in March 1998 and Beretta acquired his company in August 2000. Sounded like an interesting feller.

http://www.uberti.com/information/tribute_to_our_founder.php

DPris

Buckeye
Maria Uberti, Aldo's daughter, is enough of a "gun" person to operate the first Uberti USA, which is now VTI.
There were legal entanglements that led to that Uberti USA ending operations as an importer & morphing into the current VTI parts vendors. :)
Denis

SAJohn

Hunter
Ray Tanner is still selling Uberti Hombre's NIB for $250 plus $20 shipping. (I have no hunt in this.)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=260183346
1873_cattleman_hombre_nm_matte_lg.jpg

If it was the Cattleman brass in 5.5" I would be all over it.
1873_cattleman_nm_brass_lg.jpg

John

bigboredad

Blackhawk
The cimarron models are finished a bit better than the uberti's . I personally would go with the cimarron if you get a chance to see them side by side you'll see why

DPris

Buckeye
Cimarron tends to contract with Uberti for a higher grade of finish & features than the standard Ubertis come with.
Denis

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I love my Cimarron "Thunderer" and it is finished beautiful.
I have seen several of the brass-framed Cattleman's ( above) and they are very nice.

if looking in the Cimarron pages....check out the Doc Holiday Thunderer model!!

Also, I'm really needin' a nickle Uberti Schofield...

D.

Latest posts