How many single six 17 convertibles were made??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

77ruger

Single-Sixer
I'm trying to find how many of these SS HUNTER 17hmr/17mach2 or blued model convertibles were made. I tried a search here but couldn't find how many were made. Just found out they made these in blued also Thanks

chet15

Hawkeye
I doubt that there were more than 200-300 and that is probably on the high side. I think they only made one shipment to various distributors.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't think there were any convertable blued 17's made. I do not recall hearing or seeing anything about any.
There are blued 17 Single-Sixes, and stainless Hunters.

paochow

Bearcat
Anyone know approx how many of the .17HMR only Hunters were made. I bought one NIB a few weeks back and now don't seem to see many for sale. Glad I bought one before the NIB supply dried up.

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
paochow said:
Anyone know approx how many of the .17HMR only Hunters were made. I bought one NIB a few weeks back and now don't seem to see many for sale. Glad I bought one before the NIB supply dried up.

Before the supply dried up???????

I've been hunting one for years. I thought it dried up a long time ago...

paochow

Bearcat
Budsgunshop had brand new ones in stock for $469. I think I bought the last one as it showed out of stock after I ordered. Sorry.

If you look on gunbroker or gunsamerica you will see a few NIB ones listed, but they usually want 550+. I also saw that Lipseys still has them listed, but not sure if they have any.

77ruger

Single-Sixer
I asked about the blued 17 convertibles. I found out that the 17 mach2 cylinder was an after market. I don't know who made this cylinder. I'm just glad I didn't buy this gun.

chet15

Hawkeye
paochow said:

Probably at least a few thousand. Up until a couple years ago, Ruger was still doing cleanup runs of the .17, but haven't heard of any of late.
Chet15

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
77ruger said:
I asked about the blued 17 convertibles. I found out that the 17 mach2 cylinder was an after market. I don't know who made this cylinder. I'm just glad I didn't buy this gun.
here is the cylinder..

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=20940/Product/RUGER-reg-SINGLE-SIX-reg-17-CONVERSION

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
trapper79 said:
Well, heck..... I'm confused now . :roll: Is the 17 hmr/m2 convertible back ? If so , my hunter models just lost their value !!!! :( :(

I think the poster must have found an old one. 450.00 was a deal but I don't think you could buy a new one for that.

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
The brownells cylinder is listed as a machII but stamped a 17HMR in the picture. I heard somewhere that the problem was that the machII cylinders were splitting the cases is the reason they were discontinued. I have a HMR but not a convertable.

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
If you shoot Eley or Remington (same ammo) You won't get split cases in the Brownells cylinder. My opinion is that it's in the ammo not the cylinder. some of the Hornandy is split right out of the box.

djw54

Single-Sixer
03cobraa said:
I just bought one of these on Sunday! It is Stainless .17HMR with the factory Mach 2 cylinder. I had to give $450.00

I'll give you $475 :wink:

You stole that, cobra.

Latest posts