Lawson Arms, Godfrey, Illinois

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Anybody heard of these shotguns? Know about when they were made, value, etc.?

They say "Made in Spain" on the barrel. My local store has a pretty nice side by side .410 gauge and I've got first crack at it once he gets it priced.

A Google search doesn't show much. None for sale on Auction Arms and only one larger gauge has been for sale recently on GunBrokers.

winchester37

Single-Sixer
I have three Lawson arms spanish made shotguns...bought two of them, 410 and 28, in the 60's, found a 20 gauge in Fond du Lac, WS. in the 80's at a gun show, always looking for a 16 and 12.

nicely built double trigger SXS shotguns, nice color case on receiver, fun to shoot. always worried about 'thinness' of wrist on 410 but it has never had a problem.

Only worry....if it ever needs work you will be challenged to find a qualified smith to work on it.

at what price poiint is it??? if you don't mind sharing.

winchester37

Single-Sixer
for what it is worth.....in 1966 the 410 and 28 were in the $100 range, new, and I beleive I paid $275 for the 20 gauge in 1989.

inflation is a wonderful event, as long as you bought in early. I suppose that $500 is reasonable considering the cost of comparable guns....but, that is a observation that is specific to me, as are most gun prices.

nice to hear of one out there

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Hittman i have owned a few. Well made and good value in my book. Never had a 410. But the 10's 12's & 20' i have had were all very nice. Seems like a good price for a 410.

Dave