SR9/ SR9c & SR40/SR40c Trigger Reset Fix.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
J did your gun reset 100% on live fire? I've had several in house that will not manually reset but run 100% when fired, these guns all had rocket triggers installed and required a little bending to get them to work right under dry fire. 2 of them never would behave right under dry fire but run 100% on live fire.

Hitides

Bearcat
I sent my SR9c back to Ruger this July after experiencing 15 reset failures within 600 fired rounds. They did replace the trigger bar (# 40) and the trigger bar reset (#44). I have about 300 rounds through it since it's been returned and it's been running 100%.

revhigh

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
I replaced the following in mine and polished every thing ( mostly trying to get it to reset, but also just for the improvements).

1. Galloway Striker Spring
2.Galloway SS Guide Rod Spring(love the look of this, Probably my
favorite)
3.Galloway Aluminum Striker Indicator
4.Smooth it Trigger Kit springs and polished plunger (mainly for the
Heavy trigger spring bar spring which helps pull the trigger bar.
Thought it would help the reset problem)
5.Polished the ejection port on the barrel
6. Polished all the trigger reset bar and the trigger bar, and striker.
7. Put a Ghost Rocket Trigger in it.(Polished)
8. Bent the Trigger Reset Bar to a 90 Degree angle (this is what took care
of the reset problem finally)
I am currently waiting on Galloway to make the LCI SS filler plug that he working on available , along with the SS extended Mag release.
I have put quite a bit of work into this gun but the trigger is unbelievable.
I really Love this gun and enjoyed doing the work, it is almost perfect now, at least it will be with the last two mods that I am waiting on from Galloway.

You guys just keep on 'improving' your guns until they don't work at all. If a gun was so bad that it needed that much 'improving' ... I think you'd be better off with a different gun .....

God help you if you ever get involved in a SD shooting ..... nah ... come to thing of it ... even God couldn't help you ....

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
Oh no, now you did it Rev. You're gonna get poked with the poopie stick or something.

Maybe Cheese ... that is just ridiculous .... if a gun was that bad that needs all those improvements .... it sure wouldn't be in my collection. Let alone EVER be carried for SD. A lawsuit waiting to happen.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
If you don't like what other people do, don't read about it.

If you don't want others to read and comment on your 'postings' about 'what you do' and suggest .... you should think twice about posting them ...

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
Yep don't improve anything you have either

The guns I buy don't need that kind of work ... EVER ... and if they do ... which none ever have ... they would go to a qualified gunsmith or the factory to have the problem resolved .... are you a qualified gunsmith ???

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Rev, actually the SR9c is a fine gun, I'm sure you would like it a lot after firing one, not kidding.

The first one that I fired had one light primer strike in about 70 rounds. After that session I have shot that gun several times, after returning from a trip to Ruger and about five other SR9C's. I'm really impressed with the gun, I don't get it's need for all these "improvements".

revhigh

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
Thanks for you're non input and I am not worried about getting into a shooting.

Excellent advice from an 'EX' firearms instructor ... I bet all qualifed 'firearms instructors' tell exactly that to all their students .... 'Don't worry about getting into a shooting'.

You hold yourself out as an 'EX' firearms instructor, and tell people who most certainly know far less than you about their guns ... how to bend and modify parts of the fire control system of their guns ... without having the slightest idea of the ramifications of doing so .... and expect that nobody should comment about the folly of such actions ?

Sorry ... it doesn't work that way here.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
Rev, actually the SR9c is a fine gun, I'm sure you would like it a lot after firing one, not kidding.

I'm not doubting that a bit Cheese .... what I have an issue with is someone promoting kitchen-table, amateur, completely untested and unauthorized modifications to a firearm that will be carried for self defense.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
after returning from a trip to Ruger and about five other SR9C's. I'm really impressed with the gun

Ruger Schmuger ... why bother with them ... what could they possibly know ? ... just start bending and grinding stuff on your guns and see what happens .... :roll:

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
You don't want to know about pulling the firing pin block out of the LC9 to "improve" the trigger than? :lol: :lol: :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz said:
You don't want to know about pulling the firing pin block out of the LC9 to "improve" the trigger then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet another example of amateur gunsmithing gone bad without understanding the ramifications of such an act, coupled with little to no knowledge of the workings of a gun's fire control system ..... What could possible go wrong ?????

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Deadduck said about the same thing the other day, just a bit more politely.

I have range guns and they are modified (some more than others) and the only time they are loaded is at the firing line and that's it.

I have others that are stock and those I feel very safe and secure with in a loaded state.

Latest posts