Ruger Vaqueros 45LC / 45ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Davidsons Galleryofguns.com has convertible Ruger Vaqueros 45LC / 45ACP too tired to notice if they were new model or old

gak

Buckeye
I believe they are a distributor (Davidsons) only run of New Vaqueros, regardless of what it says. Keep in mind also that, confusingly, Ruger is not only labeling the New Vaquero .44 Specials just "Vaquero" on the frame, these days (last I looked) they're referring to all New Vaqueros in their online literature as just "Vaqueros."
Meanwhile, Davidsons also simultaneously has another clean-up run or two (for the past couple of months?) of the old/large Vaqueros--I believe in .44 Mag--regular and Bisley IIRC.

Lance0812

Bearcat
lfpiii said:
Davidsons Galleryofguns.com has convertible Ruger Vaqueros 45LC / 45ACP too tired to notice if they were new model or old
They are rollmarked "New Vaquero".
I purchased one in SS with a 5.5 barrel. Very fun gun.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I'd like to have one, for some reason a fixed-sight, short barrelled .45ACP sixgun really appeals to me. It would need a lanyard ring and proper grips to be complete though. ;)

gak

Buckeye
CraigC said:
I'd like to have one, for some reason a fixed-sight, short barrelled .45ACP sixgun really appeals to me. It would need a lanyard ring and proper grips to be complete though. ;)

You mean like this?
_Xutf-8XBXSU1HMDE2MzAuanBnX_.jpg

Ebonies just in from Carl.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
gak said:
Meanwhile, Davidsons also simultaneously has another clean-up run or two (for the past couple of months?) of the old/large Vaqueros--I believe in .44 Mag--regular and Bisley IIRC.

These are not cleanup guns but new production on the old frame. Davidson is about to receive a batch of stainless and blued large frame Vaqueros in 45LC.