New Ruger Bisley, stainless, in .41 Magnum!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc Mark

Single-Sixer
Greetings, All,

Well, I "pulled the trigger" on one of those lovely stainless Bisley .41's, with 5 1/2" barrel, that Mike has been offering in the Classified Section! It arrived, and I checked it out at our local FFL. Wonderful, tight, and looks just perfect!! Thanks to Mike for an outstanding pistol, great communication, and super quick shipping, when I ordered my new gun!! I'd definitely buy from him again! I'm going through the "waiting period", now, but will post photos once I have my new Ruger, and have had a chance to shoot it!

Along those lines, the FFL has what looks like a nice Ruger Super Blackhawk, "Long Tom", with a 10 1/2" barrel, also in stainless. This is a used firearm, but seems to be in good condition. It has some interesting grips, that look like simulated "ivory" Lett models, but they have an insert of what appears to be rosewood, as a shim, right next to the gripframe. These have a small crack, unfortunately, but otherwise look nice. The FFL's asking price is $450. This seems a tad high to me. What to you all think? I've never owned one of those, but this one looks nice to me. Back when I was a youngster, I shot an Old Model Super, out in the desert, that belonged to a friend of mine. He had failed to tell me that his loads were CHOCK filled with 2400 and that the gun would kick like a mule!!! Upon firing it, the gun swiveled up in my hand, digging the hammer spur deeply into the web between thumb and forefinger!! Yeah, I was bleeding, and wanted NO more of this gun!!! Fast forward to now, and I have guns that are far more powerful than that one, and have learned how to properly hold and shoot them, to keep from bleeding anymore!! 8) :lol: :lol:

So, now, I'd like to own a Super BH of my own, and this one seems to be calling my name. The only other thing I can find that seems a bit odd, is that the ejector rod housing seems a bit loose to me. Might be as simple as tightening the screw, but I'll have to check that out and see.

So, is it worth buying a gun like that, for the price asked? OR, should I dicker a bit on the price? Any problems with those Super BH's, of which I need to be aware? Thanks, for any and all comments, thoughts, suggestions, and advice, you wish to share with me. IF this gun comes to hand, it will be the FOURTH Ruger I've bought since I joined this forum!! You are all a very bad influence!!! (But, I thank you, very much, for that!!) Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Latest posts