Red hawk 41 mag value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rcrump

Bearcat
Came across a stanless steel 7 1/2 inch red hawk 41 mag. they want 650.00 for it . What's it worth?
Thanks, Randy

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I bought a nib Stainless Redhawk 41 mag 5.5" for 600 last year. I think that reflects a fair price, hth greg :)

GAR

Single-Sixer
Good deal for that price especially if it is the Hunter model with rings.

They are far and few between and an excellant platform for shooting or hunting.

Tom

41manor44

Single-Sixer
Is the scope and mount included in the $650? My 2nd 41 Redhawk I purchased used about 18 months ago went for $580 and except for a small scratch on the under side of the barrel it's in the same condition as the one I purchased new in '83. That scratch is the only way I can tell them apart.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
I'd say it's a reasonable price depending on how bad you want a 41. It's a great caliber and I won't part with either one of mine. Saw a Blued one a while back with some kind of B-square mount and a bad blue job for $650 and it laid there for months.

Hey go to Indiana Gun Owners site handguns for sale..a fella that goes by Jumbo has the exact gun for sale for $550, brand new and never fired. Has rings with it. Not sure if I am breaking any rules here but sorry if I am..here is the link to his listing:http://ingunowners.com/forums/-handguns/138310-2_colt_s_a_ruger_redhawk_and_a_cz_75_30th_anniversary_edition.html

johnhb2

Single-Sixer
I just listed a nice one on gunbroker # 220831579 for 600 pls 25.00 shipping. If interested send me a message before a bid is registered and we will see what we can do. Thanks

edlmann

Blackhawk

bigbill

Single-Sixer
WESHOOT2 said:
Rare bird, and if you really want a 41 Magnum launch platform there's really no other choice.
$650 is a smokin' deal.

Since Ruger doesn't offer the redhawk in 41mag anymore and i can't really find anything here in a used 41mag, one of my local dealers has the 41mags in N frame S&W's for just $699 on sale when they list for $1,160. I grabbed the S&W model 57 with a 6" barrel in 41mag in nickel($699) and a S&W model 58 with a 4" barrel in 41mag with a 4" barrel($699). Both are N frame S&W's. Thats the only choice for a new 41mag except for a ruger blackhawk which i also want. I would perfer the ruger redhawks in 357mag and in 41mag to play with that i can hammer on but there no longer offered. At least S&W is still offering there classics. Bill

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
WESHOOT2 Are some of the totally insane overloads talked about on the forum finally starting to singe your eyebrows? I have never know you to be timid about your loads, but I think that some of what I have read lately is so far over the top that even your eyes have popped out of their sockets! :shock:

Given the talk of converting 44 Special mid frames to 6 shot 44 Magnums, one wonders why S&W ever spent the money on the 500 and 460 Magnums. When you can find 45-70 revolvers on the market, I fail to understand this talk of insane handloads in smaller calibers. It took me 6 months to rid my shoulder of a hard lump that swole up after firing 50 rounds of 405 grain Marlin loads from a Guide Gun. If a rifle can produce that sort of internal bleeding and swelling, one would think that a 45-70 revolver would produce more than enough recoil for those who want to punish themselves. :roll:

WESHOOT2

Hunter
Nope; they ain't mine, and I ain't near bye when them others get fired 8) plus I wear safety glasses.

I was mostly referring to my stupidly hot handloads :shock: But I bailed on the 41 (and 45 Colt) Redhawks, 'cause I was done with development.
And I didn't need the guns around for nostalgia.

I figure the no-longer-produced Redhawks of any chambering and/or barrel length are valuable guns, because they are so bleepin' fine.

Latest posts