carrying a bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

n8

Bearcat
how do you carry your bearcats? i have carried one in my pocket, with the grip hanging out. but is that the only way? are there any holsters which fit it?

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by n8:
how do you carry your bearcats? i have carried one in my pocket, with the grip hanging out. but is that the only way? are there any holsters which fit it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruger actually makes a decent one (actually someone else makes it for them.) It is $35 I think. Fits the Bearcat perfectly.

Here is a hint...you fill out the info card that you get in the box the gun came in and Ruger will send you their catalog with a Code for 20% off hidden on the back near your mailing address.

You might even find it on the ruger.com website.

flatgate

Hawkeye
One can find Hunter brand holsters for the 'cat at gunshows or in the "bargain bins" at gunshops sometimes. I found a nice, boxed Bearcat at a gun show and this cute holster came with the deal.
148829931.jpg

flatgate

n8

Bearcat
thanks all ... i couldnt find a bearcat holster on the ruger webpage (i guess it might only be listed in the catalog?). however, i did note that hunter makes three different holsters which purportedly fit the bearcat.

flatgate

Hawkeye
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T.A. WORKMAN:
<B>Flatgate,
Who made that holster for the Cat?
Nice combo!!!
Terry

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A previous owner.

flatgate

Huntinfool

Bearcat
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by n8:
thanks all ... i couldnt find a bearcat holster on the ruger webpage (i guess it might only be listed in the catalog?). however, i did note that hunter makes three different holsters which purportedly fit the bearcat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey n8 those web sites are hard to navigate. It took a few minutes but I found the Ruger.com link to holsters for SS & Bearcats.
http://ruger.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&categoryId=13672&productId=24708&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=13668&lastCatId=13668

Chuck

------------------
Yesterday Is Wood, Tomorrow Is Ashes.
Only Today Does The Fire Burn Brightly.
Visit my web site

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/huntinfool/

n8

Bearcat
fellas, thanks for the links. swamper, i actually came across those holsters earlier while running a search on gunbroker. looks like those holsters are custom-made for the bearcat.

Pale Rider

Bearcat
From Ruger's On Line Store:

Leather Holster for small frame Single Action Revolver
Walnut oil finished leather holster to fit Ruger® Single Six® or Bearcat® revolvers. Ruger Eagle stamped on front. Made in U.S.A. by Triple K.
84188 (Bearcat with 4" Barrel) - $35.00

A

Anonymous

I have the Hunter Snap-Off-Belt model holster, Ruger's holster (made by Triple K) and a Blackhawk nylon hip holster (size 12, IIRC). I think anything else is gonna be in the order, wait a month or two, and pay a larger amount type of holster.

These folks seem to make several styles for a Bearcat, including a flap model. I haven't seen one actual, just the website. Looks to be good work and prices.

http://www.timelyaccessories.com/holsters.html

This is a quality holster that came with this BC when I bought it recently.
Good fit and nice workmanship, unfortunately I don't know who made it,
no maker's stamp on it anywhere.

Dennis.

BCLeather1.jpg

P1010082.jpg

ranger1

Buckeye
Pale Rider said:
From Ruger's On Line Store:

Leather Holster for small frame Single Action Revolver
Walnut oil finished leather holster to fit Ruger® Single Six® or Bearcat® revolvers. Ruger Eagle stamped on front. Made in U.S.A. by Triple K.
84188 (Bearcat with 4" Barrel) - $35.00

Here's a direct link to shopruger.com. :)

http://shopruger.com/Bearcat-Holster-4-barrel/productinfo/84188/

And another option:

http://www.leathercreekholsters.com/Ruger_Bearcat_Holsters.html

bennettfam

Single-Sixer
+1 for the Triple-K from Ruger. Works and looks great.

I also have an old flap holster of unknown manufacture. But while out in the woods I also use a fanny pack. The small cat fits in small places nicely.

swcr

Bearcat
I carry mine cross draw in a holster I made. I've also made similar holsters for others for Bearcats, Single Sixes and Blackhawks.

Bearcat
RugerBearcat4.jpg

5 1/2" Single Six
SingleSixcrossdraw3.jpg

7 1/2" Blackhawk
RugerBlackhawkcrossdraw.jpg

I've also made flap holsters to fit the Bearcat.
RugerBearcatFullFlap.jpg

RugerBearcatFullFlap2.jpg