KIDD aftermarket 10/22 parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hello, does anyone have any experience with the KIDD barrels and or trigger groups? I'm thinking of upgrading my 10/22. KIDD gets good reviews at rimfirecentral. I'm going to put my tax refund to good use this year.

americal

Hunter
I have the 10 inch stainless Kidd barrel on my Ruger charger--VERY accurate even with Federal 550 boxes from Wal-mart 50 yd. no problem 8) 100 yd's more interesting :lol: Trigger pull is a must for me--2 pound just right.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Have the Kidd trigger (2 stage) and delighted with it. Used to high quality triggers as found in Anschutz, and Jewell aftermarket triggers for center-fire bolt actions, so REALLY spoiled...

Bought the 2 stage Kidd and have it adjusted to 3 oz. per stage (6 oz. total) and just delighted with it. It is repeatable (Lyman trigger pull digital scale).

Just bought a Kidd bull barrel, mounted it to the 10/22, but have not yet had a chance to shot it, but have high expectations.

Hope this helps :lol: :lol:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Kidd is the creme de la creme for the 10/22 stuff. That said, unless you're to build a top-level build with all the best stuff and for purposes of match shooting, save the $ and take a few steps down the ladder. Basically, if you have to ask if his stuff is good, you probably should be looking at something down the ladder. LOTS of other choices available for less $ that'll still shoot better than most behind the trigger can.

NZshooter

Bearcat
BlkHawk73 said:
save the $ and take a few steps down the ladder
Or spend a bunch of money on crap that doesn't meet you expectations and end up buying a KIDD anyway... that's what I ended up doing after trying to save a few bucks.

I probably will go with the KIDD stuff. My view is, I'm not the best shooter out there, so if I can get a little bit of an advantage with the equipment all the better.

I came to that conclusion at Home Depot yesterday. If I bought (a wood working) tool of "lesser quality" it would be harder for me to get quality results than if I started out with a better quality tool. I'm not the best furniture maker out there either, but enjoy the hobby nonetheless. Needless to say, I left H.D. empty handed. (Gotta save up for the KIDD barrel.)

CraigC

Hawkeye
Lilja 'may' still be a better barrel but otherwise, you can do no better, especially with Tony's triggers. The parts are all precision machined and then hand fitted. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra money. Although BlkHawk73 does make an excellent point and it's something to consider.

Latest posts