longest barrel 44 mag super blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
I feel foolish asking this because i'm sure it's been discussed before but i cannot get the search to work. Keep receiving a fatal error.

44 mag super blackhawk.....what was the longest barrel offered and how common were/are they?

I'm being told the revolver in question was purchased used in mid 80's and do not have a s/n. I'm being told it's a 12" barrel. Owner in one state; super blkhwk in another.

Flash

Buckeye
Nope, 10.5"

006-1.jpg

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
Flash....that's one handsome photo.

Curious still.....the one i'm asking about is blued.
Any idea how many were manufactured?
Same question for the stainless you have.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
chapped lips said:
Curious still.....the one i'm asking about is blued.
Any idea how many were manufactured?
Same question for the stainless you have.

The ones like Flash showed are still being made, model KS411N in stainless and S411N in blue. The bull barrel and hooked front sight are the clue to the current models.

Same numbers with 410 instead of 411 are rarer, they have tapered barrels and ramp front sights. Fairly common in blue (S410N) but only 2000 or so made in stainless (KS410N)

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate said:
I do not recall the particulars, however there was, IIRC, one 12" Super produced.

flatgate

Here's what I have on that one, from the reference:

S47(?) factory "second" with "S" stamped on the bottom of the cylinder frame ahead of the trigger guard and 12-1/2" barrel. Known s/n 80-15445. One known. This was a factory employee gun. Extremely rare.
Chet15

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
The blue ones are common enough that if you ever come across one that's clearly not a collector-grade, you can make it into a really cool variant by chopping the barrel flush with the ejector housing. This does NOT give you a 4.68" gun - the ejector is over-length on these. You end up very close to 5" and with a bull barrel.

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
JimMarch1 said:
The blue ones are common enough that if you ever come across one that's clearly not a collector-grade, you can make it into a really cool variant by chopping the barrel flush with the ejector housing. This does NOT give you a 4.68" gun - the ejector is over-length on these. You end up very close to 5" and with a bull barrel.

Here's one in stainless. :)
Picture280-2.jpg

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
Well,thanx to all for such a response!

I sincerely doubt this revolver in question has a 12" barrel.....if it does,i'll post pics. Owner is out of state.

Thanks again.

Latest posts