Single Six repair

Help Support Ruger Forum:

maduecehb

Bearcat
If I send a 3 screw Single Six to Ruger for repair will they automatically change out the firing controls? Will they send the old parts back?

Thanks,

Steve

I believe the answer is yes and yes. I think the info is on the web site. They want the owner to keep the original parts for the value of a collectible gun.

maduecehb

Bearcat
Kevin,
When the gun is fully cocked the hammer cannot be lowered manually. It is stopping at the loading notch. With the cylinder out pushing down on the cylinder stop will release the hammer.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
maduecehb said:
If I send a 3 screw Single Six to Ruger for repair will they automatically change out the firing controls? Will they send the old parts back? Thanks, Steve

Steve,
I would like to know the answer to that too. I have heard that they WILL change out the firing controls and they NO LONGER will return the old parts with the gun. I would give them a call and ask them and get the name of the person you speak to so you can document the phone call. I would be very hesitant to send in a 3-screw gun for that reason. If anyone has current evidence to the contrary, please chime in.

G2

Hunter
Part's are supposed to be returned,,, however many don't for what ever reason who knows.

Those in the know ... TAKE THE PARTs OUT, before shipping it back to Ruger.

Lot's of good Gunsmiths in AZ and it sounds like this gun needs a good cleaning, inspection, re-lube and assembly.

IMO,,, I would spend my money on a local gunsmith instead of shipping and keep my OM original gun un-corrupted.

Yea,yea the safety conversion makes the gun safer, IF one does not practice safe OM procedures, BUT this comes at the expense of a not so nice action/ trigger... :roll: