RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm 
Buckeye

I've always appreciated how this Forum is run. It is one of my favorite places on the net. I would like to suggest, though, that you consider putting some limits to the number of ads/bumps people can have on the Classifieds. There is no reason for someone to have ten or more different ads and keep bumping them so that they take up a big part of the front page. I can understand someone having a couple different ads from different times and bumping them, but ten?

Most of us here combine ads. Most of us are reasonable bumpers. Let's not penalize the many here who are class acts because they are class acts and allow the inconsiderate to rule the roost.

Humbly submitted,

Cubrock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Moderating this stuff is a big job. Me? I work in a salt mine at a "day job".
Most of the other Mods and Admin's are in the same boat.

OF COURSE some folks are RABID to MAKE MONEY and do what ever they can to hawk their wares.

At this point in time we don't have enough "staff" to monitor/edit such stuff.

Thanks for your input.

flatgate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm 
Buckeye

No problem. I understand the logistical nightmare moderating can be. At least you let me vent. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 pm 
Blackhawk

+1000 cubrock!! I don't want to offend anybody but the "trinkets" that have nothing to do with guns that get bumped everyday with no sales or replys by other members other than the seller get my goat too. If I need a flashlight bulb I'll go to Walmart. JMHO

Police Conference of New York
Monticello PBA Retired member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 am 
Hawkeye

I can see both sides. A lot of individual ads take up a lot of page 1 space. On the other hand, it allows a person to look and see specifically what the items being sold are rather than seeing "stuff for sale". personally, I'd rather see people start using the thread title to tell what the item is instead of just a blanket WTS and not indicate what it is for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 am 
Buckeye

jmfc606 wrote:
+1000 cubrock!! I don't want to offend anybody but the "trinkets" that have nothing to do with guns that get bumped everyday with no sales or replys by other members other than the seller get my goat too. If I need a flashlight bulb I'll go to Walmart. JMHO

Logic like this is why alot of major retailers quit carrying firearms and ammo.
Based on the amount sold here, it seems alot of readers like the price that they got.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:59 am 
Buckeye

cubrock wrote:
I've always appreciated how this Forum is run. It is one of my favorite places on the net. I would like to suggest, though, that you consider putting some limits to the number of ads/bumps people can have on the Classifieds. There is no reason for someone to have ten or more different ads and keep bumping them so that they take up a big part of the front page. I can understand someone having a couple different ads from different times and bumping them, but ten?

Most of us here combine ads. Most of us are reasonable bumpers. Let's not penalize the many here who are class acts because they are class acts and allow the inconsiderate to rule the roost.

Humbly submitted,

Cubrock

Cubrock,
Point taken. Tried it both ways and got complaints too many, too long.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:48 am 
Blackhawk

23 of 48 ads on page 1 from two members just now.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:32 pm 

flatgate wrote:
Moderating this stuff is a big job. Me? I work in a salt mine at a "day job".
Most of the other Mods and Admin's are in the same boat.

OF COURSE some folks are RABID to MAKE MONEY and do what ever they can to hawk their wares.

At this point in time we don't have enough "staff" to monitor/edit such stuff.

Thanks for your input.

flatgate

Nine years later and even after Carl's passing ..... this is still true.

And it has nothing to do with "bandwidth". There's nothing posted here but text and the forum doesn't host pictures or videos. Up side is no ads, no fees, no dues.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 pm 
Hawkeye

Blackmore wrote:
23 of 48 ads on page 1 from two members just now.

Scrolling past threads doesn't take much effort. Sorting through ads for "trinkets" can result in some great finds, and great buys, too.

We moderators and administrators believe that there are enough rules in place as it is, and we also find that members have a hard enough time adhering to those rules already in place. Add to that the time necessary to enforce the forum's exising rules, as already mentioned...

Look, the forum is what it is: a place to visit and hang out amongst friends and connections. At no cost to the members, I might remind all. It ain't perfect, but it's still a bargain and a great place. Enjoy it.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

Are you gonna cowboy up, or just lay there and bleed?